LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Brazilian love affair

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby LateAgain » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:33 pm

Nobby wrote:Yay first mot and tax for 20 years!
[url=http://s53.photobucket.com/user/nobby_reading/media/IMG_6860_zpstd9cs4zk.jpg.html]Image

You appear to be quite excited Nobby.
LateAgain
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:16 am

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby Nobby » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:34 pm

SlackerThePinstriper wrote:
Nobby wrote:
SlackerThePinstriper wrote:Is the helmet a Stadium Achilles?????

Finished photos look great mate 8-)

And what are the grips?


Bubble grips as per original bla (but they were black)


Yeah stadium Achilles ... Iv got a thing for 70s/80s helmets to!, took years to find a good medium one that was for sale!...wanted a black one but haven't even seen one for sale any size or condition in 3 years!!, this one has the nose but missing :cry: so if anyone has one or one I can borrow to get one made I'd be v gratefully!? , it also has the pinstriping and logo removed to......mr slacker





Love the grips, it's a stumbling block I'm at with the build. They make or break a Lammy I think

Excellent.
I've got my eyes open for one but never see any.
Would like one just to paint up to go with the bike for display.
Gonna get a Biltwell Gringo for riding as they have "the look"




I hear ya, Iv always played it safe and had standard grips because like you say you can go badly wrong!, I always thought bubble grips were 'mod' but when I saw them on pics of orig bla I thought they looked ok on an 80s custom actually but when I found they were made in brown I had to fit them because that tied it all in :)
User avatar
Nobby
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby Nobby » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:37 pm

LateAgain wrote:
Nobby wrote:Yay first mot and tax for 20 years!
[url=http://s53.photobucket.com/user/nobby_reading/media/IMG_6860_zpstd9cs4zk.jpg.html]Image

You appear to be quite excited Nobby.



It's All I had to hand (to cover the frame number) latemeister !!! :shock:
User avatar
Nobby
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby Nudger » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Looking forward to seeing this again in the flesh after so many years...
User avatar
Nudger
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Nobby wrote:


I hear ya, Iv always played it safe and had standard grips because like you say you can go badly wrong!, I always thought bubble grips were 'mod' but when I saw them on pics of orig bla I thought they looked ok on an 80s custom actually but when I found they were made in brown I had to fit them because that tied it all in :)


There's a chopper company in the states that does rubber metalflake grips but it's a gamble if they will work or not after shipping/tax etc
User avatar
SlackerThePinstriper
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby drunkmunkey6969 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Knowledge wrote:I don't know why Scootering doesn't employ a proper photographer.

We use a professional photographer (Gary Chapman) where possible, however, he is freelance and so we can only do so many articles using his skills....he usually provides the cover shot and the lead scooter. The rest we have to do the best we can, with the budgets we have available. Thankfully people like Richie Lunt still contribute, it's always a pleasure to run any of Richie's stuff (he digs up the most amazing scoots).

Knowledge wrote:And why are their rarely photos of machines taken in a studio, where the lighting is perfect?

Because the scooter might be in Scotland, and the Mortons studio is in Horncastle. Plenty of people send in images of their scooters asking for a feature, but very few want to take a day off work and travel 150 miles for a photo-shoot. So we send freelancers out on assignment. Plus, whilst lighting can be 'perfect' in a studio...quite often the images have a very 'clinical' and/or 'soulless' feel to them, which can be OK for say one feature....but a whole magazine? I'd prefer a good tracking shot, or proper location shoot any day.

Knowledge wrote:This is a situation that Dan has inherited from Andy, and an area in which he could make a real improvement to the magazine.

As with lots of things in life (and work)...anything can be done, if the budgets allow. I work with the tools I'm given.

Hope that gives a little background to the situation :)
drunkmunkey6969
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:17 am

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby drunkmunkey6969 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:32 pm

SlackerThePinstriper wrote:Hope they do it justice, the write ups and photography since the take over have been awful


We do the best we can, but you can't please all of the people etc... :D
drunkmunkey6969
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:17 am

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:05 pm

Memory jogged after seeing a post of recent Scootering.
Didn't realise it was featured in 97'' but now remember it being in.

Shame the best bit in the new mag is a feature from an old mag lol
User avatar
SlackerThePinstriper
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby Nobby » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:56 am

I never really concluded this thread from 5 years ago either!

Some out and about pics...
Imageupload image album



Image




Image


Imagemoss

Image


Image



Image
User avatar
Nobby
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby Toddy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:21 am

Mark that probably looks better than it did back in the day ( don’t tell John I said that :lol: :lol: )
User avatar
Toddy
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby Nobby » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:25 am

Toddy wrote:Mark that probably looks better than it did back in the day ( don’t tell John I said that :lol: :lol: )



:D :D :D
User avatar
Nobby
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Previous

Return to Show Your Ride

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests