LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Sunburst Finish

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: Sunburst Finish

Postby Toddy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Very nice Paul , what's that in the background :shock:
Toddy

Postby Dazts1 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:36 pm

GP looking smart there Paul. Coming along quicker than you said it would.

I very nearly put an offer in for the t5 you have there. I was told it was sold to a lad from York. I'm guessing that fell through. I did here you bought it.
Dazts1

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:13 pm

Toddy wrote:Very nice Paul , what's that in the background :shock:

It's a green wheelie bin, Toddy ;)

Daz, the mild Winter has helped. Also, I want to have it ready for Easter and to get some miles under the wheels in 2016 :D

Sounds like it is the Mk1 T5 you are thinking of. I have stripped and rebuilt the engine since, and sorted a few gremlins ;) It's used more as daily workhorse, to be honest, although I did do the 4 Nations on it as it was the only scoot I had on the road at the time. Ride safely, mate.
Storkfoot

Postby coaster » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:17 pm

I like the pin striping 8-)
coaster

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:25 pm

There's a bit more pinstriping to be revealed on some of the rest of the bodywork, but not much. It's all personal taste but I think you can go a bit over the top with it at times.

The gold and navy of the pinstriping is a nod to the original colours of the original legshields, yellow and blue.

I'm not fully convinced by the red hubs and wheels at the moment (I painted these, the rest was professionally done). They may become silver again at some point in the year ahead, then again, I'll probably change my mind again :D
Storkfoot

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:18 pm

The gold and navy of the pinstriping is a nod to the original colours of the original legshields, yellow and blue.

I'm not fully convinced by the red hubs and wheels at the moment (I painted these, the rest was professionally done). They may become silver again at some point in the year ahead, then again, I'll probably change my mind again :D

I like the thinking behind the 'nod'

If you do change your mind & want to 'pick out' the hubs & rims, you could do worse than yellow rims & blue hubs, IMHO.......
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Storkfoot » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:57 pm

Well, I can set off for the AGM in the morning in the knowledge that the engine starts and ticks over :) Not really a surprise as it was running fine when the scoot was stripped.

The courier man also, finally, delivered a GP Silme seat cover :)

I always assumed that the Silme GP seat was the same as the Giuliari one. As the cover is specifically denoted that it is "Silme," I assume that they are different??
Storkfoot

Postby citydaz » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Personaly I always prefer white hubs and white rims,
although the idea of yellow rims is quite appealling
citydaz

Postby Storkfoot » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Apologies again. I rotate the picture on my laptop but it still appears the wrong way round when I download it onto Scoot Net :!:

Anyway, just putting the seat cover on turned out to be quite time consuming as I needed to raise the base to keep the cover off the paintwork.

Then thought I'd at least get the legshields roughly in position. As usual for me, at the dry build stage, they seemed to fit fine. Now it would appear that I'll need a good slice of patience before I tackle this as they appear a bit skewed.

Storkfoot

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Trying to get all the panelwork and rubbers lined up.

I have the legshields okay now. The front mudguard, however, is proving troublesome. It's an original Italian one but has been bashed around in the past. Oddly, it fitted alright with the Indian legsields that were on the scoot before I stripped it, but it's not such a good fit with these Italian leggies.

Hopefully, I'll get it all sorted next weekend.

Storkfoot

Postby coaster » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:33 pm

Nice 8-)
coaster

Postby Toddy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:45 pm

Nice work Paul :D
Toddy

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks, lads. I can't wait to ride it again. It seems so long since I had a lammy on the road :-(
Storkfoot

Postby Dazts1 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Very cool looking lambretta Paul. It's coming together nice.
Dazts1

Postby Mr G in NYC » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:08 am

Looking good Kidda !! You might find yourself slipping off that seat at speed :shock:
Mr G in NYC

Postby JETEX » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:12 am

Very nice Paul. When I did the dry build on my Li Special ( it's on here ), I had a new stand crossmember welded on by Mike Phoenix and the frame checked for straightness on his jig. I took it apart for painting, and when I came to re-assemble it I was convinced that the painter had given me the wrong panel work back !. It was probably the sandblasters throwing the frame around. Had a nightmare getting all the panels lined up correctly, but all good now. Are you going to the Euro ?
JETEX

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Sliding on the seat, no. Top tip - proper goretex kecks with rubber patches on your posterior :-)

No Euro for me, too many other things going on in May and June, Geoff. A random tour of Scotland around the Mull rally is a distinct possibility though.

I have just looked at the fit of the mudguard and I now have a cunning plan to rectify it. I fitted the horncasting to the mudguard and was all set to fit it to the legshield like that. This is what I have successfully done many times before. Then I read something to say keep the adjoining boots loose. In doing this, I think the mudguard has splayed out.

That's the theory :-)
Storkfoot

Postby JETEX » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:10 am

I think I would have fitted the horn grille to the horn cast before assembly. Mine had to be prised apart for the two screws to fit.
JETEX

Postby Mr G in NYC » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:58 pm

Storkfoot wrote:Sliding on the seat, no. Top tip - proper goretex kecks with rubber patches on your posterior :-)

Top tech tip pal :lol: :D 8-) . I did the last coast to coast with a newly waxed pair of Vintage Barbour over
pants and could not stay on the seat :lol: :lol: to the point that after 20 miles I pulled over and ditched
my oily over kegs !! :D
G
Mr G in NYC

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 pm

I haven't posted for a few weeks as have been struggling to find time to sort out the last few remaining gremlins. One was rough running. This was sorted by a slight enrichment of mixture screw and tightening up the screw holding the choke mechanism in (I clearly forgot to tighten that).

The panel work will have to be what it is. The legshields aren't a great match with front mudguard but they'll do.

Next? Well LED rear light ( I don't especially like the look of the LED light pattern but they are considerably brighter and release more energy for the headlight). Also, MTech advance/ retard probably after Easter. Oh, yes, MOT runs out on Monday too.

I'll take some decent pics with a camera in the next week, or so, to finish off the thread.

Another annoying lopsided pic as I was messing about with the mixture screw :P

Storkfoot

PreviousNext

Return to Show Your Ride