LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

My Lis 125

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

My Lis 125

Postby Kristof Lammy pie » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Newly acquired lis125 1968 plastic toolbox push in fork rubbers and square badge.

Kristof Lammy pie

Re: My Lis 125

Postby Covboy » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:24 pm

Nice - love the colour. How does it go?
Covboy

Postby Kristof Lammy pie » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:39 pm

Not great at the moment, it's not a great starter and the exhaust is leaking badly from the manifold.

But I spent all day today sorting the cables, clutch and brakes.

Tomorrow I've got to do the carb and fuel.

The steering is rubbing somewhere and the front wheel is leaning badly which I need to look at. I presume it's bearings gone or the forks. I've never touched forks before so should be fun.

Lots to do but I love it.
Kristof Lammy pie

Postby roli150lam » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:48 pm

Nice.
roli150lam

Postby HxPaul » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:53 pm

[quote="Kristof Lammy pie"]Not great at the moment, it's not a great starter and the exhaust is leaking badly from the manifold.

But I spent all day today sorting the cables, clutch and brakes.

Tomorrow I've got to do the carb and fuel.

The steering is rubbing somewhere and the front wheel is leaning badly which I need to look at. I presume it's bearings gone or the forks. I've never touched forks before so should be fun.

Lots to do but I love it.[/quote

It could be the bottom buffer on one side,also with the steering rubbing,check to see if the bottom of the headset is rubbing on the horncast.
HxPaul

Postby Kristof Lammy pie » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:05 pm

Thanks Paul.

Thought it may be a buffer.

With regards to the headset. It was very loose so tightened the bearings up to stop the play but I thought I had done it just enough to avoid any notchyness.

I have noticed the Horncast is marked on the front underneath bottom of the light casting. Is that what you mean? Just wondered how I can stop that?

Ta
Kris
Kristof Lammy pie

Postby Kristof Lammy pie » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:17 pm

I've just gone out and had a look at it and it's the very top of the legshield thats rubbing against the headset.

I take it there's not much that can be done about that?
Kristof Lammy pie

Postby HxPaul » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:24 pm

I had the same thing with my SX,what I did was sand the top of the horncast with emery paper.I'm not saying that was the right thing to do,but thats what I did.First you need to replace the fork bearings,that may be enough to move the headset forward and stop it from rubbing on the headset.
Last edited by HxPaul on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HxPaul

Postby HxPaul » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:30 pm

Are you sure its rubbing on the legshields,because the headset doesn't come near the legshields,its more likely to be rubbing on the chrome ring.If this is the case its an easy fix,all you need to do is unfasten the headset clamp pinch bolt and lift the headset a bit so it clears the chrome ring.I've just noticed that the scooter is a late model and as such it doesn't have a chrome ring.Your diagnosis could well be correct and the bottom of the headset could be rubbing on the legshields,either way the fix is the same ie.unfastening the clamp pinchbolt and lifting the headset a bit.
Last edited by HxPaul on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HxPaul

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Whoah! Before you start rubbing down…….

The horncasting can be adjusted by virtue of the legshield bracket bolting to the frame. For instance, if you wanted to move the horncasting toward the back of the bike, you need to (obviously) remove it & ‘tweak’ the legshield bracket by bending its ears forwards. It’s amazing what difference it can make to the top end where the horncasting gets close to the headset. Also, paint thicknesses affect the fit so some might need scraping off. I’ve even seen the drastic measure of the legshield bracket being persuaded to be on the other side! Not by me, I might add…

Conversely, washers can pack the legshields/horncasting forward.

I hope this helps…
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:44 pm

Ooops!

I meant to say. Lovely bike, BTW!

I wonder how many combinations there must be of 'run out' changes with toolboxes, square badges, fork buffer fixing & side panel attachment.

I believe that many late Innocenti Lambrettas may have been assembled without accurate records as to what was used or even where assembly may have been, but I'm probably out of my depth on that!
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby HxPaul » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:57 pm

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:Whoah! Before you start rubbing down…….

The horncasting can be adjusted by virtue of the legshield bracket bolting to the frame. For instance, if you wanted to move the horncasting toward the back of the bike, you need to (obviously) remove it & ‘tweak’ the legshield bracket by bending its ears forwards. It’s amazing what difference it can make to the top end where the horncasting gets close to the headset. Also, paint thicknesses affect the fit so some might need scraping off. I’ve even seen the drastic measure of the legshield bracket being persuaded to be on the other side! Not by me, I might add…

Conversely, washers can pack the legshields/horncasting forward.

I hope this helps…

You'll notice that when I said I used emery cloth to rub the top of the horncast down,I didn't say thats what he should do,just thats what I did.
HxPaul

Postby davla » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:12 pm

Very nice....
davla

Postby Kristof Lammy pie » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:12 pm

I will take the headset off and see if it can be tweaked slightly.
Cheers guys.
Kris
Kristof Lammy pie

Postby HxPaul » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:26 pm

Kristof Lammy pie wrote:I will take the headset off and see if it can be tweaked slightly.
Cheers guys.
Kris

No need to remove it,just slacken the pinchbolt and lift the headset just a little.
HxPaul

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:11 am

You'll notice that when I said I used emery cloth to rub the top of the horncast down,I didn't say thats what he should do,just thats what I did.

You are quite right & in my haste & choice of words it could look like I was implying that you were advocating to do the same. Which, of course you weren't. :oops:

My apologies to you Paul, as we are all trying to help, I know.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby HxPaul » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:28 am

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:

You are quite right & in my haste & choice of words it could look like I was implying that you were advocating to do the same. Which, of course you weren't. :oops:

My apologies to you Paul, as we are all trying to help, I know.

:) :) ;)
HxPaul

Postby johnnyXS » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:26 am

nice pair :D I particularly like the colour scheme on your TV.

So you're a roadie eh ! ;) exquisite Tommasini
johnnyXS

Postby Kristof Lammy pie » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:04 pm

johnnyXS wrote:nice pair :D I particularly like the colour scheme on your TV.

So you're a roadie eh ! ;) exquisite Tommasini

Yes lol.

Colnago, Bianchi Cinelli and Tommasini the Italys best.
Kristof Lammy pie

Postby johnnyXS » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:35 pm

blimey you've got some nice toys ! :D
johnnyXS

Return to Show Your Ride