LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Bolzenanker Goes to Davos

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Bolzenanker Goes to Davos

Postby bolzenanker » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Good Morning

Had an awesome week travelling to and from Davos. Not being very skilled with my new helmet camera I only have a few pics and videos of varying quality....

Early pitstop to check all is secure...

Getting on the train...

Bumping into the ELC...

Discovering a little issue before setting off on the second day, fortunately had a spare tail can...

A little bit of luxury for the second night...

Lunch by Lake Zurich, and a paddle...

The view from my tent Saturday morning...

The amazing log cabin being built by the cable car place...

The view from the top of the Rinerhorn cable car...

Happy camper...

A few scoots that caught my eye...

About 1500 miles travelled with only having to change the tail can and adjust the mixture screw , one mile from home changing down for a roundabout everything locked up...

The culprit...

The result...

Very lucky I was so close to home, and was pretty funny really. Awesome week, thanks to all who made it happen.

Video riding through Davos on the way there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT4JAVPKons

Being overtaken by the strangest of things, got a bit excited because it wasn't what I was really expecting going through a tunnel somewhere in Switzerland...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRcHUDthw5E

W
bolzenanker

Re: Bolzenanker Goes to Davos

Postby Mel K » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Good story and pics, glad the gearbox fail happened not far from home.
We reached Davos the same time as you and your group, we rode in behind you watching pedestrians cover their ears ! :)
Mel K

Postby steveg » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:50 pm

Sorry you had problems, but nice that you were so close to home. That bike in the video is amazing, reminded me that when we were heading up to Davos via lake Como we saw a maxi scoot coming the other way through a tunnel with it's indicator on being very closely pursued by a speed skater. Very strange sight.
steveg

Postby bolzenanker » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:18 pm

Mel K wrote:Good story and pics, glad the gearbox fail happened not far from home.
We reached Davos the same time as you and your group, we rode in behind you watching pedestrians cover their ears ! :)

That would have been Bob's Fresco that parted company with its tailcan. Made my Gori sound quiet!
bolzenanker

Postby dalethefish » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:41 pm

Great pictures Warren
So unlucky with gearbox at least you almost made it home, had my spaniard out today for a quick blast.
All the best
Dale The Fish
dalethefish

Postby Jazzy b » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Nice story and pics 8-)
Jazzy b

Postby Toddy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:42 am

Well done fella great effort , great pics and videos as well :D
Toddy

Postby bolzenanker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:16 am

dalethefish wrote:Great pictures Warren
So unlucky with gearbox at least you almost made it home, had my spaniard out today for a quick blast.
All the best
Dale The Fish

Hi Dale

If your going to Shipston, fancy bringing the Spaniard so I can have a drool?

W
bolzenanker

Postby JETEX » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:59 am

That's a very worn sliding dog. What a shame it wrecked the gearbox. At least it happened when you were near home. Are you the chap from Guildford ?. If so, I think we had a chat in one of the service areas on the way down.
JETEX

Postby bolzenanker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:46 pm

JETEX wrote:That's a very worn sliding dog. What a shame it wrecked the gearbox. At least it happened when you were near home. Are you the chap from Guildford ?. If so, I think we had a chat in one of the service areas on the way down.

Yep, Guildford, that's me. I would ask which services but like me I expect you stopped at too many to remember. :D

New parts all arrived on Friday, just need time to put it all back together again.
bolzenanker

Postby Mr G in NYC » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:45 pm

Nice... glad you made it home...It was a great Trip. G :D
Mr G in NYC

Postby JETEX » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:04 am

I hope no one is up at this hour to read this post, but we were the Liverpool lads in the silver people carrier :oops: . Don't know which services it was, because most of the time we didn't even know which country we were in ! Time constraints and other circumstances prevented us from going on the scooters this year, but we will be back !. It was good to meet you.
JETEX

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:36 am

Jettex, It would be nice to see the lads of the Liverpool round table abandoning their flight socks for just one year and join the Liverpool NOS or ride with El President Ernie and the crew on an annual Euro rally on scooters without all piling into a people carrier or flying with Stelios. You never know you might find the journey when done on scooters is much more fun than just the two days spent at the event. ;)

Mark.
Captain Pugwash

Postby Petec » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:19 am

Yes capt ,I thought the 100+ miles jetex and the few others did doing the Belgium euro might have given them the urge to try a euro on the scooters ,after all the most fun is had getting there and back with all , if any problems with back up from mates and finding towns you would never find if you stayed on motorways or arrived at airports.next years euro is confirmed so booking your hols in work early will insure you haver he chance to go on your scooter and sufficient time to plan your euro in advance book your stays on the way to the euro ...I'm already planning ours :D
Petec

Postby Mel K » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:34 am

I'd like to see them at their weekly scooter club meet on scooters ! That'd be a start :shock:
Mel K

Postby JETEX » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 pm

I appreciate the comments guys, but I'm only allowed to take two weeks holiday between mid May and mid September. I take a week for the Euro, and a week plus a few odd days to get away with my wife. It's a really complicated system. That's why I try to get to ' local ' Euros on the scooter ( Holland, Belgium etc ), but anything further by scooter is out of the question time-wise, especially with your lot coz I'd never keep up !. I'm also at the club on my scoot when the weather allows. You'd have to ask the others for their excuses !. ;) :roll:
JETEX

Return to Show Your Ride