LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Weekly Photo Challenge is FAVOURITE CAFE

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: New Weekly Photo Challenge War Memorials

Postby johnnyXS » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:36 pm

last chance to grab a War Memorial picture for this weeks photo challenge .

I managed to get mine tonight finally when the rain stopped and it was almost dark .!

Unfortunately I cannot upload an image because the forums image quota has been reached again ... :roll:
https://flic.kr/p/Nr9vGw
Last edited by johnnyXS on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnnyXS

Postby Covboy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:41 pm

This was taken today at the war memorial park in Coventry

Doh !

can't add either due to the image quota!

Will try later when this is fixed
Covboy

Postby johnnyXS » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:58 pm

Covboy wrote:This was taken today at the war memorial park in Coventry

Doh !

can't add either due to the image quota!

Will try later when this is fixed

I usually upload to photobucket when this site isn't accepting images but Photobucket was closed all day yesterday for maintenance . I'll try it again now. In the mean time lets hope someone puts a 50p in the meter :lol:
johnnyXS

Postby Phil D » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Pic taken at Cenotaph Rydings Park, Brighouse
Took time to read the many names listed from the Duke of Wellingtons Regt .
My dad was in DWR he fought in Korea in 1953, he was shot and captured and became a P.O.W.
at 19 years of age .
He came home at the end of what was called the "Forgotten War", these brave lads didn't.
They gave their tomorrows for our today's .
I gave thanks for their sacrifice and quietly left.
Phil D

Postby Ranburetta » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:25 am

tonytoolbox wrote:a little jaunt to Bexhill on sea

De La Warr Memorial?

Not wishing to be disrespectful or flippant, but it is in Bexhill near that iconic Art Deco/Modernist building?

http://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/2095

In remembrance of the 507 who gave their lives in two world wars.
Ranburetta

Postby Marty ULC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:48 am

What's this week's subject? The sun is out and I'm itching to put the ratty commuter away get the Sunday best scooter out.
(Just home from the night shift)
Marty ULC

Postby Phil D » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:23 am

Wish it was the same here in West Yorks raining now and the gritters have salted the roads through the night.
Rain and salt on the roads make Lambretta unhappy :cry:
Phil D

Postby tonytoolbox » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:29 pm

ranburetta , de la war pavilion a few yards up the road ;)
tonytoolbox

Postby Covboy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:09 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is my war memorial pic

Coventry War Memorial Park
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Covboy

Postby johnnyXS » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:33 am

Aologies everyone for not updating this thread but I have been very unwell with Vertigo nausea and diarehea for the past few days. What an extremeley unpleasant experience !

Unless I am mistaken I think the next weeks subject for the Photo Challenge is to be chosen by bolzenanker

However as it is Memorial week I think it would be fitting to extend this challenge for a second week until this Saturday midnight.
Great images everyone .

For all all you others that have thought about joining in, this would be a great opportunity to pay a little tribute to commemorate past members of your own Families that have given their lives in all the various conflicts, to preserve the freedom that we all enjoy and take for granted today
johnnyXS

Postby johnnyXS » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:23 pm

Phil D wrote:Pic taken at Cenotaph Rydings Park, Brighouse
Took time to read the many names listed from the Duke of Wellingtons Regt .
My dad was in DWR he fought in Korea in 1953, he was shot and captured and became a P.O.W.
at 19 years of age .
He came home at the end of what was called the "Forgotten War", these brave lads didn't.
They gave their tomorrows for our today's .
I gave thanks for their sacrifice and quietly left.

thats a wonderful image Phil and a very poignant tribute.

I just lost my Father last week aged 93 he was a Radar Technician in the Royal Navy and served on HMS Glenearne which was the first troop carrier to go into Sword Beach on D Day to deliver 1500 US troops and some of our Special Forces to secure the beaches and silence the big guns. The ship carried 2x LTAs and over 30 LCAs . HE said that as the ship approached the beach a big gun inland fired a shell that landed in front of the ship lifting the front of the ship out of the water .! this was followed by a further ranging shell which landed just astern . Fortunately a third shell never arrived.
http://www.combinedops.com/HMS%20GLENEARN.htm

Its a shame that in the next 5 years or so there is unlikely to be anyone left alive that fought in or lived through the Second World War to tell us their personal experiences and leave us with a Living History record .
We all should really make an effort now to try to get to chat to some of our elderly relatives now ,before it is too late to hear about some of the personal experiences and sacrifices rather than just viewing the rather detached News Reel footage and Film records of the War.

In nursing my Father for the past 7 years I have learnt so much and amassed so much information and photographs that I feel I must somehow write it down and publish it somehow as a lasting tribute to My father and all the other servicemen that had to put aside their lives and lay their lives on the line every second to preserve the freedom for future generations.
johnnyXS

Postby johnnyXS » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:33 pm

Covboy wrote:
image.jpeg
Here is my war memorial pic

Coventry War Memorial Park

excellent images covboy but its made my head spin trying to see them lol :lol:
johnnyXS

Postby Covboy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:47 pm

sorry all

They looked OK on my iPad but on my PC they are the worng way around,

is this any better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Covboy

Postby johnnyXS » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:48 pm

aye thats better lad. :D I expect that catches quite a few tablet and cellfone users out.
johnnyXS

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:27 pm

Can you just change the title to Weekly Photo Challenge?
ToBoldlyGo

Postby Marty ULC » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:21 pm

Can I make a suggestion?
Well I'm going to anyway but you can ignore it if you want, it's something that works on a biker forum I'm on.
How about making it a monthly photo challenge with you suggesting the subject? Then at the end of the month have a vote for the favourite picture.
Come the end of October next year you'd have 12 images to use for a calendar, which you could sell and raise funds for a charity. I'd suggest whatever the LCGB's chosen one is next year.
Marty ULC

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:29 pm

Marty ULC wrote:Can I make a suggestion?
Well I'm going to anyway but you can ignore it if you want, it's something that works on a biker forum I'm on.
How about making it a monthly photo challenge with you suggesting the subject? Then at the end of the month have a vote for the favourite picture.
Come the end of October next year you'd have 12 images to use for a calendar, which you could sell and raise funds for a charity. I'd suggest whatever the LCGB's chosen one is next year.

Great idea Marty

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Phil D » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:24 am

Brilliant Idea
Ordinary lambretta's that people ride not collect and hide away as trophies .
Phil D

Postby Digger » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:01 am

Phil D wrote:Brilliant Idea
Ordinary lambretta's that people ride not collect and hide away as trophies .

You could have a separate category for those - "hidden not ridden".

You make it sound like a crime to have more than one?
Digger

Postby johnnyXS » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:12 am

ToBoldlyGo wrote:Can you just change the title to Weekly Photo Challenge?

yes I could but I have my doubts .
I think it is an important motivator to have a constantly changing thread title to draw peoples attention and at a glance encourage participation. If a thread title stays the same for weeks I believe members not familiar with the challenge will think there is nothing new .

You only have to look at how small the number of posters have been so far in proprortion to the total number of members that have viewd the thread.

The apathy and lack of contribution on this forum is profound and pretty much the same as all other forums I contribute to.

To Marty

your suggestion of a monthly photo challenge to produce an annual Calendar is on the face of it an excellent one but I believe it would be completely impossible to achieve but I'd be more than willing to help you produce a calendar if you can show me that it could be viable.

I don't mean to pour water on your idea but aside from the lack of photo contribution so far and its fair to say the generaly poor image quality which would be very hard to reproduce and print at any size and quality . I cannot see how we would ever be able to sell enough calendars to meet the conciderable costs of production and printing .

Why don't you do some research and costings and let us know what you find and we'll take it from there. :D

In the meantime I will keep it as a weekly challenge which in my opinion has several advantages. There will be more frequent and different challenges to maintain the interest of those few that are keen to contribute and have a regular reason to get out on their scoot over the cold Winter months.Hopefully the numerous and varied subjects will encourage more members to have a go.
Johnny
johnnyXS

PreviousNext

Return to Show Your Ride