LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Kill button

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Kill button

Postby Mick1499 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:05 pm

Hi all. Started scoot after full restoration, would start then wouldn’t, turns out if I remove the kill wire
It would start, when kill wire is replaced it would die (that is replacing the wire only, not pressing button).
Confused why it started with the wire in place at all. As far as I can tell, the wire is going in correct hole in bulb holder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mick1499 on Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick1499

Re: Kill button

Postby coaster » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:23 pm

Mick1499 wrote:Hi all. Started scoot after full restoration, would start then wouldn’t, turns out if I remove the kill wire
It would start, when kill wire is replaced it would die (that is replacing the wire only, not pressing button).
Confused why it started with the wire in place at all. As far as I can tell, the wire is going in correct hole in bulb holder.

That would suggest that your kill button is stuck in, simple to test if you have a muli-meter or a battery, a lamp and some wire
coaster

Postby Mick1499 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:50 pm

coaster wrote:
Mick1499 wrote:Hi all. Started scoot after full restoration, would start then wouldn’t, turns out if I remove the kill wire

That would suggest that your kill button is stuck in, simple to test if you have a muli-meter or a battery, a lamp and some wire

Button fells like its going in and out ok will remove and check many thanks
Mick1499

Postby Fast n Furious » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:46 am

Try squirting some WD40 into it before writing it off.
Fast n Furious

Postby St George » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:08 pm

Could have a break in the insulation of that wire earthing out. Yes a tester will work, I have one on Ebay. :lol:
St George

Return to Frequently Asked Questions