LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Fast flow tap hi

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Fast flow tap hi

Postby Marrsy7 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:10 pm

Hi all ! Hope I don’t sound to stupid here , I’ve bought a long range tank (fitted great) but I’m having probs fitting fast flow tap it’s to tight to push up into tank to nip nut up it’s ripped the gauze as I push it in is this a common prob ? I’ve fitted one before and had no probs , any help would b appreciated cheers
Marrsy7

Re: Fast flow tap hi

Postby nickw » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:07 am

I've had problems with fitting taps previously on long range tanks. I have had to loosen the tank to move it within the frame to get the tap to fit. I have had similar issues with mid range tanks. Using a side exit petrol tap also makes life a bit easier and I think that is what I have fitted now. I'm presuming it is the engine mount that is getting in the way.
nickw

Postby Marrsy7 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:26 pm

Sorry I might have worded it wrong no I can get in to fit tap it just won’t push up into tank as if gauze filter is to thick it won’t go into tank it’s ripping gauze
Marrsy7

Postby nickw » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:31 pm

LOl, I understand what you mean now. I've not had that problem
nickw

Postby Rich Oswald » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:33 am

The gauze tube should really go up into the tank very easily. Never heard of this issue before.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:08 pm

The build quality on some of these tanks is pretty poor with sharp edges internally. I have had to take a round file and a dremel to the internals before now.
Storkfoot

Postby hullygully » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:30 pm

I've had this same problem with my st/steel 18 ltre tank for years, no matter how & where I squeeze the filter it wont go up into the tank, sh*t workmanship, mine needs taking out & a drill shoving up it :shock:, so I have to ride without the filter in the tap, no big deal really as there's a filter on the carb.
hullygully

Return to Frequently Asked Questions