LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Manufacture date

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Manufacture date

Postby sherpadean » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Is it possible to get a more accurate date other than just a year - my imported 125 Special is described on my dating certificate as '1966' ? :?:
sherpadean

Re: Manufacture date

Postby rossclark » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:22 pm

There are some stats kicking around ( an adult will be along shortly to point out where) that give monthly production figures. I'm not sure that they are complete though or altogether reliable. If you have the starting frame number for that year then it should be possible to pin it down +/- a month or so.

Try the British Lambretta Archive as a starter for 10...
rossclark

Postby rossclark » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Though their website doesn't seem to be available right now
rossclark

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:15 pm

The date a frame was produced and stamped could be many many months away from when a full scooter left the production line. Years ago I had some difficulty in that my S3 frame was '62 but the complete scooter left the production line in '63. It was registered as a '63.
Storkfoot

Postby rossclark » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:53 pm

Yes, as I said not to be entirely relied upon, but the best you're going to get 50 odd years down the line. :D

Manufacture and registration anomalies are fairly common as stock could sit in dealerships or other storage for months or in some occasions years before being registered.
rossclark

Postby Digger » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:15 am

rossclark wrote:Yes, as I said not to be entirely relied upon, but the best you're going to get 50 odd years down the line. :D

Manufacture and registration anomalies are fairly common as stock could sit in dealerships or other storage for months or in some occasions years before being registered.

As still happens....

I purchased a "new" 2010 model Moto Guzzi Griso in 2013 that had been sat in showrooms for almost 3 years. It has 13 plate as it had never been registered previously.
Digger

Postby sherpadean » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:23 am

Thanks all fellow scootists - as usual very supportive and very prompt - great to be an LCGBer.

Mike. ;)
sherpadean

Return to Frequently Asked Questions