LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Ceramic zorst coating...?

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Ceramic zorst coating...?

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:18 pm

Not where, the question is does it work & is it really worth the money...? I gave up on chrome '86ish (though nevertheless wanted the expansion chamber, I'd continued to spend a lot of money on, to last till they were more coked up than the stadium rock bands of the time( ; ) heatproof paint as we all know is completely US, the stainless Devtour is still top nick but the next project necessitates a BGM clubman (&a satin black finish - though just as a thought Mark, Oli, Ulf or someone on farce book wiv 'em, now that V.3 is a top fit {by all accounts} it might be worth doing a stainless version, & does satin black stainless exist, if so I imagine there's a a financially viable market out there...) & my, as ever, financially compromised situation means I'm struggling with the project as is, spending out extra big bux on a 'protective' coating that may not even live up to what is promised on the tin is a gamble that I'd be well happy to avoid... Basically I want to protect an xhaust investment, but given the between the lines information available in big magazines perhaps ceramic coating is not the way to go... Anyone out there had it done/done the miles (in all seasons including salt strewn roads!)? Any genuine non partisan facts would be much appreciated... (& as an afterthought what is powdercoating if not ceramic coating (the same but cheaper & done under a different name in more places), surely the heat the colour melts on at, if I remember correctly? (I spent 5 years with a 'pott(er)y' lady) is higher than 85% plus of the exhaust body will ever reach... i.e it's only the downpipe that will need expensive ceramic coating (if this works in the first place that is...) As before feedback (genuine facts!) that will help all of us out here decide on how to spend our money/protect our exhausts would be hugely appreciated!
Andy B.L.C.

Return to Frequently Asked Questions