LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

which fromt o/board disk brake?

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

which fromt o/board disk brake?

Postby swissdean » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi, after having trouble securing the scootrs disk brake (order now cancelled), i have been looking around for another option.casa version seems great but too much for my stage 4 tuned bike and way too expensive for what i need. Similarly LTH and twin disk PM set up, look great but OTT for my needs....then i found a great section on the beedspeed site with many options..pepperpot, windowed hub and others...all I am looking for is a good front brake and ideally anti dive to stop the front end diving experience..also the beedspeed brake lever set up where you can leave the original lighting switch intact looks great, any thoughts on this?

this looks like a scootrs one, and (too?) good value:

https://www.beedspeed.com/lambretta-out ... p-983.html

and this is the one I have my eye on, would really welcome thoughts and experiences

https://www.beedspeed.com/lambretta-out ... 12562.html
swissdean

Re: which fromt o/board disk brake?

Postby citydaz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:49 pm

I bought an inboard disc brake from Mike Phoenix for around £390 to help stop my mugello 186.
Combined with MB front dampers it works a treat! :)
citydaz

Re: which fromt o/board disk brake?

Postby rossclark » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:55 pm

A mate of mine has the second one on his SX and it looks the part, he's pleased with it.

The top one is SPAQ manufacture which tends to be what beedies deal with, if you zoom it up you can make it out stamped on the caliper carrier. Again someone else I know has one of those on with no complaints so far.
rossclark

Return to Frequently Asked Questions