LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Griff Rhys jones

Whether you have seen an advert on the tv, a program ude on, sales leaflets, web sites, or other, discuss all forms of Lambretta media material in here.

Griff Rhys jones

Postby Dazts1 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:46 am

Last night (jan4) 8 o clock itv. South Downs a few lambrettas. Griff got a ride on the back of a lamby.
Dazts1

Re: Griff Rhys jones

Postby Toddy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Saw a clip on Faceache today looked ok
Toddy

Re: Griff Rhys jones

Postby Knowledge » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Griff lives quite close to me. I often walk through his garden (public footpath) and he has a fine display of daffodils.

I have only even seen him once, when he nearly ran me off the road in his Suzuki jeep (I was on a bicycle), but a mate of mine had a bad experience when he work-up on a train only to discover Griff sitting opposite him sporting a Hitler mostache and hair (he was in a play in the West End). Griff cadged 20p off him for a phone call. 20p for a phone call!? This must have been a long time ago.
Knowledge

Re: Griff Rhys

Postby coaster » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:20 pm

I stood behind him on the train as it was running into Manningtree one evening. He had his head half out of the door window and was singing (badly to himself) and I assumed he was a loony and was considering moving to another exit but then he turned round and I realised who he was.

Went to see him in a one man show in Diss about a year ago, he talked about his passion for sailing 'One man and three boats'. Chatted to him after and found him charming.
coaster

Return to Lambretta in the media