LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

American Pickers

Whether you have seen an advert on the tv, a program ude on, sales leaflets, web sites, or other, discuss all forms of Lambretta media material in here.

American Pickers

Postby derbystu » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:40 pm

Sorry if this has already been spotted and reported but I found myself channel flicking through daytime TV programmes today (sad I know, but it was only while I had a cuppa honestly) and caught a program on channel "Dave" called American Pickers - seemed to be about two guys going out and about searching for items people have collected and may want to sell - which of course they then restore or just clean up a bit and sell on for a profit.

They were in Alabama and spotted a barn with old rusting cars all around. Inside they spotted an American Reg'd 1967 Li 125 frame and bartered with the owner eventually buying it for $40 (or Bucks as they called it) - on their way back to their base in Iowa (I think they said) they came across a garage/dealer selling scooters - he had a few vintage models in and showed them a fully restored similar Li 125 - he ended up buying the frame off them for $250 and reckoned he would be able to sell it when restored/rebuilt etc for between $3000 and $4000.

Guess they're still out there!! :D
derbystu

Re: American Pickers

Postby Knowledge » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:59 pm

The thought of one more barn find is one of the things that keeps me going........
Knowledge

Re: American Pickers

Postby Mel K » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:25 pm

That episode is years old . At least 4/5
Mel K

Return to Lambretta in the media