LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Choke Jet on PHBL 25

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Choke Jet on PHBL 25

Postby Storkfoot » Thu May 23, 2024 6:35 pm

I had no experience of the Dell’orto PHBL 25 until a few months ago.
:)
I have struggled to get the starting and tick over right on a Stage 4 200cc. I notice that the starter jet (choke jet, not the pilot) is a 60 whereas, on the PHBH30 I have on my TS1, it is a 70.

The engine will be going on a dyno in the next week, or so, so I am not after overall jetting ideas, I’d just like it to start readily and tick over when I present it to the dyno operator.

Has anyone any experience of whether, say, a 65 or 70 would help?
Storkfoot

Re: Choke Jet on PHBL 25

Postby Cgt75b » Sat May 25, 2024 8:40 am

I’ve run a phbl for a number of years and never had the need to change the starter jet, is it something related to your filtering system?
Cgt75b

Postby Storkfoot » Sat May 25, 2024 10:39 am

Cgt75b wrote:I’ve run a phbl for a number of years and never had the need to change the starter jet, is it something related to your filtering system?

What engine is your PHBL25 on, Paddy?

It’s not either of the filters in the carb or tank. I have tried a couple of slides, atomisers and needles, as well as a fist full of pilots. At one point, I had an air leak which confused matters. That’s why a dyno awaits :idea: :)
Storkfoot

Postby martyn dwane » Sat May 25, 2024 11:30 am

I ran a PHBL 25 on a stage four with a RS Clubman thru a modified air box (drilled holes and swan neck cut out) never changed the choke jet.
martyn dwane

Postby Cgt75b » Sat May 25, 2024 5:33 pm

Storkfoot wrote:
Cgt75b wrote:I’ve run a phbl for a number of years and never had the need to change the starter jet, is it something related to your filtering system?

What engine is your PHBL25 on, Paddy?

It’s not either of the filters in the carb or tank. I have tried a couple of slides, atomisers and needles, as well as a fist full of pilots. At one point, I had an air leak which confused matters. That’s why a dyno awaits :idea: :)

It’s on a piston ported cast 230
Cgt75b

Postby Wack » Sat May 25, 2024 7:08 pm

I had a 25 once that wouldn’t start on choke and when I took the jet out it wasn’t drilled correctly from the factory.
Wack

Return to Carburettors