LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

22 Jetex advice

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

22 Jetex advice

Postby St George » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:46 pm

I bought a new 22 Jetex from ebay before the Forum crash. It was purchased to update my SIL 200. It would not run without the choke at all. After a couple of postings on here I discovered that the 45 Pilot had not been drilled out by the factory. I got a second hand one from a nice man at a Rayleigh Scooter shop and it ran without the choke. BUT it was very slow and would not run with an air filter. I next changed the atomiser ( 2nd hand ) from JB Tunning ( nice people ). It came out of a 200 rebuild.
It would appear that this carb apparently jetted for a 200 had a 150 atomiser and a crap pilot. The guy at ebay was very helpful and offered a full refund so I am not bad mouthing him. The point I am making is that this little Jetex looks to be quite well made, jetting aside. Just check the jets if you buy one. It now runs like a train and ticks over great. I am sure the Delly boys will have a pop at this, but I thought I would share this experience.

Whoever rebuilt the forum, well done.
St George

Re: 22 Jetex advice

Postby Paulnobodyimportant » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:11 pm

I haven't had a bad Jetex yet, (5 in total) either 2nd hand or came with the scooter.
Paulnobodyimportant

Postby rexton270s » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:05 pm

av used jetex a few times! they get some bad press but my view there great value and perform ok! but can be a bugger to jet though!! :|
rexton270s

Postby burnside » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:24 pm

2 types of Jetex ones that work fine and ones that don't! 1st thing I would do is swap out all of the Jetex jets for Dellorto ones as that seems to cure most of the issues. Also check that the float moves freely and doesn't stick as that is also a common problem with this carb.
burnside

Return to Carburettors