LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Dellorto PHBH26

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Dellorto PHBH26

Postby greenfingers » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:52 am

I'm having real problems getting my TV running. I've just replaced the variatronic stator plate (wires were broken) and replaced oil seals both sides of the crank because it was smoking (intermittently) and underpowered and riding like it had square bloody wheels. Put it all back together - but still absolutely no life at all. Good spark, stator reset exactly as it was before….now I'm confused and getting a bit frustrated!!!

I'm wondering if there is a problem with the choke. How exactly do these work??? When I rotate the lever downwards this in turn shortens the inner cable (right?) and therefore lifts the choke plunger clear of the seat. Thereby creating an extra air inlet…??? So how is that a choke if its letting in more air??? I'm dead confused about this but I'm running out of ideas with this non starter…

Can someone explain how the choke works and if I've got it connected up correctly…?

Martin
greenfingers

Re: Dellorto PHBH26

Postby Knowledge » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi Martin,

The choke lever pulls the inner cable of the choke cable and this lifts the brass plunger in the carb, which opens a large passageway and jet within the body of the carb, introducing extra fuel downstream of the slide.

If you have an open-mouth PHBH (just remove any filter or rubber) and look into the mouth of the carb, you can see the brass choke plunger in a hole to the left (assuming your carb has the choke cable on the left). As you operate the lever, you should see the plunger rise, uncovering the jet and opening the route for the sir/fuel to flow. You can do this with the carb in situ.

Whilst this isn't a PHBH carb, you get the idea

I hope this helps.

If you eliminate the choke/carb as a cuase, try re-posting in another section to ask for help (some people don't bother to visit the carb section of this forum)

Martin
Knowledge

Re: Dellorto PHBH26

Postby greenfingers » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Right - thank you Martin - that does help. Actually I've just got it running as well - so pleased all round…
thank you..

Martin
greenfingers

Return to Carburettors