LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Jetex flow rate

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Jetex flow rate

Postby scootersi » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Hello all,

I'm trying to cure a top-end issue on my Sil 200, reamed Jetex & AF Clubman. I've concentrated so far on the fuel system and have done some checks on the flow rate per Sticky's recommendations. I have more the enough fuel though the tap (fast flow) & hose at 600ml per minute.

I then connected the carb with float and needle valve in place and got 165ml in a minute which is understandably a lot less than from the tap alone.

Question is whether any Jetex experts out there think the flow rate through the carb could give me fuel starvation issues and if so has anyone had joy with drilling out the float valve aperture?

Regards,
Simon.
scootersi

Re: Jetex flow rate

Postby St George » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:50 pm

There have been a couple of issues on these carbs and flow rates. I too have a new Jetex and took advice re the spindle binding on the plastic float. The answer is to run a small drill through the float to free up the movement. JOB DONE SO I THOUGHT. I then noticed that the width of the float causes an interference fit around the spindle housing and the body of the carb where the pin pushes through. I sanded down this part of the float which freed it up. Hope this helps. Colin
St George

Return to Carburettors