LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

What does it do?

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

What does it do?

Postby Revvers » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Hello. I'm Running a mugello 185 with a phbh 28mm. I've had some ongoing issues since my respray and have cleaned the carb out due to rough running. However I did not take out/ clean the part which the float sits in. I have looked at the exploded diagram of the carb on the internet but, although all parts are numbered , I can't see a key. I have cleaned jets, 3,4 and 8 but the part I need to know about is part number 9. Hope someone can help, sorry for being vague!!
Revvers

Re: What does it do?

Postby sunrisemac » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:40 pm

part number 9 on the diagram I am looking at is the float needle 'seat' which lets the fuel through into the float bowl have a look at the link below

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/p ... ctionID=24
sunrisemac

Postby Revvers » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:50 am

Oops yes!! Perhaps if I'd read the link properly in the first place, I'd have seen that!! :oops:
Revvers

Postby sunrisemac » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:07 pm

Sent: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:24 pm
by sunrisemac
The bit you describe as arrow shaped I think from your description is the float needle which lets the fuel into the float bowl, as the level rises the float pushes this pin upwards and closes off the hole when sufficient fuel is in the bowl for correct fuel delivery through the carb jets. The hole in the brass piece needs to be perfectly clear, so if you can easily remove it then do so to make sure there is no debris behind it which is slowing down the fuel on its way into the float bowl via the 'needle valve'.

Hope this makes sense

Ian
sunrisemac

Return to Carburettors