LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

28PHBH Overfueling

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

28PHBH Overfueling

Postby col1968 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:30 am

I have a Mugello 186 running on a 28PHBH Dellorto, it seems to be over fuelling at around 50 mph, what part of the carb needs to be adjusted to cure this, is it the needle positions.Thanks col
col1968

Re: 28PHBH Overfueling

Postby Toddy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:50 am

By overfuelling do you mean running rich? , it maybe worthwhile posting up your current carb settings as there may be some on here running similar set ups that can offer advice
Toddy

Postby coaster » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:52 am

Toddy wrote:By overfuelling do you mean running rich? , it maybe worthwhile posting up your current carb settings as there may be some on here running similar set ups that can offer advice

I agree with Toddy but you are sort of right, the needle AND atomiser affect the mid range. Lowering the needle should have an effect but post your settings anyway as sometimes the wrong needle is being used for a given atomiser or vice versa.
coaster

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:10 am

Yes agree with both the above and lowering the needle might do the trick by moving the clip up one notch (second clip from top is usually about right but every set up is different). When I had similar mid range problems my spluttering started just over 40 mph and the needle cured it but as said post up all your settings lets take it from there.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Return to Carburettors