LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

carb jetting

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

carb jetting

Postby scoot2 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:53 am

Hi,
Can anyone help what size idle and main jets i need to use for an OKO 24mm carb running a BGM225 engine?
scoot2

Re: carb jetting

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:17 pm

Presuming the engine is piston ported, a good starting point for pilot jets would be in the low thirties.

If you don't already own them, a set of jets from the likes of Stage6 etc can be had @ very reasonable cost.

Before i can offer any further advice, what main jets & needles do you have available?

IMO these carburettors work extremely well on Lambrettas with adequately sized air filters, though they should be thoroughly checked prior to use, as is the case for any carburettor. I'm guessing you intend the use of an OEM type air filter set-up which should be fine if the box is of the bulging later type. PWK's have a good inbuilt overflow but lack an inbuilt fuel filter. You might want to consider augmenting the tank only filter with an inline filter & these are good & cheap:

https://www.gsfcarparts.com/121aa0010?a ... 4AQAvD_BwE

Thankfully, there is a load of information on the internet & this is easy to understand:

http://www.mid-atlantictrials.com/Sales.html

Definitely the float setting is essential but I've done a few of these carburettors now & find them intuitive to set. That said, I always remove any float stops within the bowl & carefully modifiy where the drain plug screws in to allow a screwdriver to access the pilot jet without the bowl removal.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Re: carb jetting

Postby vegansydney » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:41 pm

There is plenty of PWK jetting set ups listed on the monster RT195/RT225 thread on the GSF.

It mainly covers the 28 PWK on RT195/RT225 with various pipes and air filters, but also a number of 24mm set ups. Link here filtered by 'PWK' or here filtered by 'PWK' and translated to English.
vegansydney

Return to Carburettors