LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Fuel vapour blowing out the carb

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Fuel vapour blowing out the carb

Postby Trevor S » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:56 pm

When I run my 1967 SX200 with the air hose off, there is fuel vapour blowing out the carb mouth when I
rev the engine. I have noticed fuel dripping out of the drain tube with the air hose in place.
The Dellorto carb has been cleaned fitted with all new gaskets, slide, and fuel cut off valve etc.
I have never had a Lambretta that did not leak fuel out the drain tube a little however I think this
is a bit much.
Anyone solved this?
Trevor S
Trevor S

Re: Fuel vapour blowing out the carb

Postby Rich Oswald » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:18 pm

Trevor S wrote:When I run my 1967 SX200 with the air hose off, there is fuel vapour blowing out the carb mouth when I
rev the engine. I have noticed fuel dripping out of the drain tube with the air hose in place.
The Dellorto carb has been cleaned fitted with all new gaskets, slide, and fuel cut off valve etc.
I have never had a Lambretta that did not leak fuel out the drain tube a little however I think this
is a bit much.
Anyone solved this?
Trevor S

You'd be better putting this question in another section, ie: Series 1,2,3. as this is a swap shop section.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Re: Fuel vapour blowing out the carb

Postby Toddy » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:57 pm

Hope this is ok I’ve Moved to carburettors section
Toddy

Return to Carburettors