LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Mikuni Overflow Leak

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Mikuni Overflow Leak

Postby bennn » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:50 pm

Evening chaps,

As per the title I've got a TMX35 that up until recently has been fine, however now every time I turn the fuel tap on fuel is leaking from the little overflow on the front of the fuel bowl.

Is this an easy fix like just bending the fuel float arms to lower the level or do I need to look at replacing the float valve tip or something?

This has also inspired me to actually fit the little plastic overflow pipes that I should've installed when fitting the carb (not thrown them away) - what size do I need please?

Cheers in advance, Ben.
bennn

Re: Mikuni Overflow Leak

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:35 am

Leaking overflow is normally associated with a sticking float valve so best too check and replace when necessary
ULC Soulagent

Postby bennn » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:02 am

Brilliant, I'll take a look.

Are there different sizes of float valve or shall I take out the one that's in & see what's stamped on it?

Cheers, Ben.
bennn

Postby MickYork » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:42 am

Check that Ethanol hasn't damaged the seal......just a thought
MickYork

Postby Toddy » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:05 pm

I had this on a mikuni and mine just needed a slight adjustment on the float to close it off properly
Toddy

Postby hullygully » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:57 am

I had, recently, the rubber seal on the float assembly perish & the fast flow tap not turning off :shock:
hullygully

Postby bennn » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:12 pm

Stripped the bowl off, cleaned the float needle & seat, seems to have sorted it even though they didn't look dirty.

Thanks for the advice gents.

Ben.
bennn

Return to Carburettors