LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Inlet manifold options

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Inlet manifold options

Postby Tony Hart » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:30 pm

I have an iron 175 barrel on a S2 and managed to pick up a SH2/22 carb for it. Unfortunately the inlet manifold I bought has too short a neck and so the carb is unable to be pushed all the way on before fouling on the engine cowl and fuel tap. When I looked at the manifold I took off the 'neck' on the new one is about 2cm shorter - I believe it is for a GP. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a 22mm inlet manifold for a 175 barrel with the longer neck I need for a S2? Are there any other options or have I wasted my money on the carb!!! :shock:

Cheers

Tony
Tony Hart

Re: Inlet manifold options

Postby Cgt75b » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:18 am

Tony Hart wrote:I have an iron 175 barrel on a S2 and managed to pick up a SH2/22 carb for it. Unfortunately the inlet manifold I bought has too short a neck and so the carb is unable to be pushed all the way on before fouling on the engine cowl and fuel tap. When I looked at the manifold I took off the 'neck' on the new one is about 2cm shorter - I believe it is for a GP. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a 22mm inlet manifold for a 175 barrel with the longer neck I need for a S2? Are there any other options or have I wasted my money on the carb!!! :shock:

Cheers

Tony

Hello Tony

Look on the Cam lam site under performance, you'll find what you are looking for there .

All the best.
Cgt75b

Postby Tony Hart » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:08 am

Many thanks. I've an off-set manifold coming from Andy Francis and if that doesn't work I will try the CamLam one. Sod's Law really as I picked up the SH2/22 for what I thought was a great price and I'm now spending any 'saving' amassing a collection of inlet manifolds :cry:

Thanks again

Tony
Tony Hart

Postby Cgt75b » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:19 am

I hope you get it sorted mate. Lambretta's and saving's are two words that do not go together :lol:

Good luck.
Cgt75b

Return to Carburettors