LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Air inlet hose for Dellorto 30mm PHBH Carb

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Air inlet hose for Dellorto 30mm PHBH Carb

Postby Nelly » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:08 pm

I'm looking at a way to get fresh air to the carb, rather than suck the air from under the panel. I really don't want to drill a huge hole in the SX200 panel.
Anybody know which air hoses will fit the Dellorto 30mm PHBH, preferably with the bell mouth on?
For info, I have a 13 litre tank taking up the space of the air box, with a little bit of a gap between the tank and the toolbox. The toolbox is staying, as there's so little storage anyhow.
The plan is to find a route to supply the fresh air to the carb utilising a 90 degree air hose.
Any info, particularly home brew air filter info appreciated, cheers.
Nelly

Re: Air inlet hose for Dellorto 30mm PHBH Carb

Postby Rich Oswald » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:48 pm

This is how I did mine however it doesn't help you as you have a 13l tank in the airbox space:-

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby St George » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi, If you need an elbow and Ramair filter like the one in the picture, I have one I got from Kegra Racing. Didn't use it much as I switched carbs for a Jap thing.
St George

Postby Nelly » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:22 pm

St George wrote:Hi, If you need an elbow and Ramair filter like the one in the picture, I have one I got from Kegra Racing. Didn't use it much as I switched carbs for a Jap thing.

PM sent, thanks.

Rich,
Thanks for showing that. I don't have much space between the tank and toolbox, but I'm looking at a way of getting air down via some sort of pipe. Just depends what I can squeeze under the panel.
Nelly

Return to Carburettors