LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

dellorto sh/22

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

dellorto sh/22

Postby Callummal » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:15 pm

has anyone come across this problem I have a ser 3 TV175 bore 62 .8 clubman 22mm delly carb for a 200 setup starts up runs a few 100 yards and cuts out looked at petrol pipe and half the pipe has petrol and top half air any thought please checked plug and is a nice brown colour
Callummal

Re: dellorto sh/22

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Check that your breather in the filler cap isn't blocked,

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby St George » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:16 pm

Try pulling the pipe off the carb and see if you get a pint per minute, keep the pipe under the petrol level to stop air getting back up the pipe. The answer above this could be spot on, albeit I have never had a blocked breather since 1971.
St George

Postby Callummal » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:15 am

removed pipe from carb and blow through tank all clear i found that the float needle was sticking replaced needle and cleaned seating now cured petrol flowing nicely
Callummal

Postby STREETSLEEPER » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Hiya Callummal,

I was very interested in your post because I run a similar-ish set up. TV 175 (S2) engine with Dellorto SH/22, standard 62mm bore (original Borgo piston, I think) but with AF Rapido 250 expansion.

The good news is that you sorted out the problem with your carburettor, and it had nothing to do with your petrol pipe. I have since sussed out how to download pics (I hope), and the following is a photo of mine with some questionable routing!
Last edited by STREETSLEEPER on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STREETSLEEPER

Postby Toddy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:53 am

Welcome to the Forum Streetsleeper :D i have attached a link below which will help you load pictures to yoiur posts

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=400
Toddy

Postby STREETSLEEPER » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:16 am

[imgImage][/img]
STREETSLEEPER

Postby STREETSLEEPER » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:20 am

Still trying to get the hang of this....
But this is the actual route the pipe takes. It isn't actually obstructing anything, that's just the way it looks. There is actually room to put the flexible rubber hose between the carb and pipe.
STREETSLEEPER

Postby Toddy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:00 am

I always run my pipe deirect to the side of the carb from the tap it sits on top of the flywheel cowl
Toddy

Postby Tractorman » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:46 am

Agree with Toddy your pipe route may cause problems.
Tractorman

Postby sunrisemac » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:48 pm

here's a pic of mine with same carb

sunrisemac

Postby rossclark » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:11 pm

+1 That's the way to do it ^
rossclark

Postby STREETSLEEPER » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:Check that your breather in the filler cap isn't blocked,

Rich'

Question was originally meant for Calummal, but I’ve got a question for you Rich. Does your petrol cap have a hole, visible from above, drilled in it? Mine doesn't. It has two small hollow posts on the inside, and it must breathe through the actual handle itself. There's a hole right in the centre, so I take it the handle's hollow too. Could mine be a Series 2 cap which was superseded?

Toddy wrote:Welcome to the Forum Streetsleeper :D i have attached a link below which will help you load pictures to yoiur posts

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=400

ALSO
Toddy wrote:I always run my pipe deirect to the side of the carb from the tap it sits on top of the flywheel cowl

Than you once again for your welcome, that’s a really nice gesture. With regard to my petrol pipe routing, you're dead right Toddy, it should by rights sit above the flywheel cowling. Here are my replies to you other guys:

Tractorman wrote:Agree with Toddy your pipe route may cause problems.

Well, I haven’t had any problems directly attributable to the routing, although this gives me a good idea: the problems I do have lead me to believe I should start a whole new topic.

sunrisemac wrote:here's a pic of mine with same carb

Your GP looks great in that arctic white. Can I get a better look in “show your ride?

rossclark wrote:+1 That's the way to do it ^

Agree with you too. The reason I rerouted is simply for lack of both a short piece of pipe and a Stanley blade at the time. Although the pipe doesn’t snag anywhere, I don’t use the filter and have jetted the carburettor to suit. The pipe I took off the tap/carb looked as if it had been on there for most of the 50,000 kms showing on the scoot’s speedometer. It is almost solid, like translucent green glass, and bears the words in italics “Made in Italy by G Nava”
STREETSLEEPER

Postby sunrisemac » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:13 pm

sunrisemac wrote:here's a pic of mine with same carb

Your GP looks great in that arctic white. Can I get a better look in “show your ride?

rossclark wrote:+1 That's the way to do it ^

I had a load of pic links of the scoot on the old forum but I can put a link or 2 on again if you like, I thought it had already been seen so haven't done so up to now ;)
sunrisemac

Return to Carburettors