LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Series 2 with SIL Lump Options

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Series 2 with SIL Lump Options

Postby Granty » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Guys -- just picking the minds of the experts here, I have 1960 series 2 with a stage 4 200 SIL lump in it, currently has a 30mm dellorto open mouth. Would it be possible to fit a S3 airbox to a S2 so I could use a 22mm delly or scootopia 22mm carb with a standard inlet and breath through the box? If so would I be able to fit a GP air scoop to a S2? The other option is to use a 26mm jetex from AF.

Cheers & just checking out options just now -- G
Granty

Re: Series 2 with SIL Lump Options

Postby HxPaul » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:57 am

I'm running a series 2 with a scootopia 22mm carb running through a standard filter eliment and a drilled series 2 airbox ,runs great.
HxPaul

Re: Series 2 with SIL Lump Options

Postby Scooter Paul » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:20 pm

I've got a stage 4 top end, 22mm Delorto, clubman and drilled S.2 air box. Revs well and no sign of being strangled. If you want to save your standard box MB scooters sell a free flow standard looking box and filter which will fit your frame and use a GP type air scoop.
Paul.
Scooter Paul

Return to Carburettors