LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Fuel starvation then high revs.

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Re: Fuel starvation then high revs.

Postby St George » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Martin so sorry to hear about your job. Would not wish that on my first wife or the second one. Hope something turns up quick. Regards Colin.
St George

Postby Watfordwhite » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:07 am

What about wife number 3 ? :D St George.
Warkton, I had the stator changed because the spark looked weak, but even with BMG 120w stator it doesn't look any better.
Changing the jets today, and the reeds when they turn up. If this doesn't work I will put it in a van and bring it up to you mate.

Looking positive on the job front. I have 7 interviews lined up for next week and a lot of things to follow up from my Linked in post. Luckily I am well known in my field. Lighting sales.
Scaffolding now down at home, so can finally get the GP out of the shed and ready for sale. It hasn't been used since the S2 got on the road. She has to go.
Watfordwhite

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:11 am

Watfordwhite wrote:What about wife number 3 ? :D St George.
Warkton, I had the stator changed because the spark looked weak, but even with BMG 120w stator it doesn't look any better.
Changing the jets today, and the reeds when they turn up. If this doesn't work I will put it in a van and bring it up to you mate.

Looking positive on the job front. I have 7 interviews lined up for next week and a lot of things to follow up from my Linked in post. Luckily I am well known in my field. Lighting sales.
Scaffolding now down at home, so can finally get the GP out of the shed and ready for sale. It hasn't been used since the S2 got on the road. She has to go.

You'd be welcome Martin!

But don't hire a van as I have a trailer & can ferry scooters about.

Fetched my old mate Lenny Jones a lovely 'un from 'SarthEnd' recently:

Lenny's Scoot.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby St George » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Is that the green one from the Fairways trading estate near the golf course. Kept thinking about popping in there. Looked like a nice advert. Good luck with the interviews Martin.
St George

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:18 pm

St George wrote:Is that the green one from the Fairways trading estate near the golf course. Kept thinking about popping in there. Looked like a nice advert. Good luck with the interviews Martin.

It was from a private house but seemed a bit 'smoke & mirrors' fetching it then going on to get the paperwork.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Watfordwhite » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:16 am

Slightly off beat, but posted my predicament on LinkedIn on Friday night. I have since had in excess of 1300 views, 13 comments and 27 private messages with 5 requests to come in for an interview. I have also had a request for a Skype meeting with the owner of a massive international lighting company. It's all looking quite good and it's not even Monday yet.
Watfordwhite

Postby Watfordwhite » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:25 am

Any way back to the important bits about scooters. Purchased new jets from Delortto and a new reed block. Fitted, test drove for no more than 2 miles. Came back to check the plug (still very dark) but the chain case was RED HOT. To the extent that I burnt my hand on the silent block while checking the plug. Contacted the guy that replaced my stator and sorted out the kick start, as there is obviously something rubbing inside. Not even kicked her over since. Sincerely hope this hasn't damaged all the seals? If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any....
Watfordwhite

Postby Watfordwhite » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:28 am

Nice GP but it's VERY GREEN :o
Watfordwhite

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:35 am

Very hot casing. Is the front sprocket not correctly engaged and jamming up against the chaincase cover ?
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:44 pm

CHRIS in MARGATE wrote:Very hot casing. Is the front sprocket not correctly engaged and jamming up against the chaincase cover ?

That sounds like the most likely cause.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Watfordwhite » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:26 am

It goes back to the doctors on Monday so I will let you know.
Looking good on the job front, I have to fly to Italy for a second interview with a lighting company. Had two offers already but not right for me. 3 other second interviews next week.
Watfordwhite

Previous

Return to Carburettors