LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Surflex 5 plate clutch

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Surflex 5 plate clutch

Postby Knowledge » Wed May 08, 2024 9:25 pm

I have used Surflex five plate clutches with success in the past but I resent buying a full kit with springs and steel plates when I only need corks.

I tried buying individual BGM cork plates (2.5mm) but they were not quite as good and the steel ears are a bit soft.

Can you now buy Surflex cork plates (2.5mm) individually? If so, where?
Knowledge

Re: Surflex 5 plate clutch

Postby Knowledge » Wed May 08, 2024 10:29 pm

If I might answer my own question, I am going to try MB’s six plate clutch corks at about £27 delivered.

They should work and are significantly cheaper than a Surflex 5 plate kit at £80. Of course, it should be as it has no steels and no springs (but the Surflex kit has one cork plate less than I actually need)
Knowledge

Postby dickie » Thu May 09, 2024 6:05 am

I've bought individual corks and plates from camlam before. From memory they weren't advertised on their Web pages but I ordered by phone. I THINK they were surflex but can't be sure.
dickie

Postby jonw » Thu May 09, 2024 10:34 am

Knowledge wrote:If I might answer my own question, I am going to try MB’s six plate clutch corks at about £27 delivered.

They should work and are significantly cheaper than a Surflex 5 plate kit at £80. Of course, it should be as it has no steels and no springs (but the Surflex kit has one cork plate less than I actually need)

Answering your own questions is okay... it's when you sit up in bed at night telling yourself jokes you haven't heard before, that's when you need to worry!
Last edited by jonw on Thu May 09, 2024 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonw

Postby hullygully » Thu May 09, 2024 11:13 am

why not try the reedspeed red plates bud, well good, last ages 8-)
hullygully

Postby gaz_powell » Thu May 09, 2024 8:26 pm

Answering your own questions is okay... it's when you sit up in bed at night telling yourself jokes you haven't heard before, that's when you need to worry![/quote]

Oh shit !

Martin

there are a brand new set of 5 plate greeny/grey plates here you have

Gaz
gaz_powell

Return to Tuning & Kits