LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

new 200 set up

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: new 200 set up

Postby Adam_Winstone » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Please don't forget that you are testing, rather than just going out on the assumption that all is well. Take it easy and get it up to temp before testing it. Get it warm using it on small roads, then find a nice quiet straight road that you open it up a little on, flick on the choke to double check that it is not TOO lean with the filter/hose removed. If you feel the choke have an effect at lower openings then you can tentatively test again at higher throttle openings. Don't hold it open for any length of time as you are only testing at this time.

If the bike's performance is obviously transformed, which should be pretty instantly obvious, then you should consider returning home and marking up your throttle housing and twist grip to allow you to undertake more testing (choke tests) to ensure that you don't put your motor at risk. Remember, you are only trying to identify whether the filtration system is the constraint. If yes, then starts the fun of getting the rest right to suit!

If the bike is quite different then your previous dyno jetting will be void and you need to start again, perhaps taking it back to have it re-dyno'ed.

Adam
Adam_Winstone

Postby peejay » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Adam_Winstone wrote:Please don't forget that you are testing, rather than just going out on the assumption that all is well. Take it easy and get it up to temp before testing it. Get it warm using it on small roads, then find a nice quiet straight road that you open it up a little on, flick on the choke to double check that it is not TOO lean with the filter/hose removed. If you feel the choke have an effect at lower openings then you can tentatively test again at higher throttle openings. Don't hold it open for any length of time as you are only testing at this time.

If the bike's performance is obviously transformed, which should be pretty instantly obvious, then you should consider returning home and marking up your throttle housing and twist grip to allow you to undertake more testing (choke tests) to ensure that you don't put your motor at risk. Remember, you are only trying to identify whether the filtration system is the constraint. If yes, then starts the fun of getting the rest right to suit!

If the bike is quite different then your previous dyno jetting will be void and you need to start again, perhaps taking it back to have it re-dyno'ed.

Adam

thanks Adam, that sounds like very good advice, i will be taking it in small steps, cheers.
peejay

Postby Adam_Winstone » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:42 pm

How are you getting on Peejay?
Adam_Winstone

Postby peejay » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Adam_Winstone wrote:How are you getting on Peejay?

hi Adam,
i've been sidetracked a bit.
scoot had developed a misfire which turned out to be a dodgy plugcap :roll:
due to this the plug was black.

with the misfire gone the plug is now a dark chocolate brown, i lowered the needle one notch to clean it up a bit on tickover as it was a bit woolly at low revs and it now pulls strongly up to a GPS speed of 55mph in 3rd (this was my performance when first run in)

i will be trying it briefly as you have said with the filter off early next week and will report back.
peejay

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits