LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

myclose locks

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

myclose locks

Postby amb » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Apologies if this is in the wrong section , has anybody got any information or any input good or bad on the myclose motorbike locks , looks like a good product so why haven't i seen any of these around .
amb

Re: myclose locks

Postby Knowledge » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:56 am

Knowledge

Postby amb » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:03 am

Thanks for putting that up Knowledge , im not very technically minded but this seemed like a pretty good idea to me , a lock that is motion sensored and instantly sends an alert to youre mobile when the lock is moved as well as gps tracker , in this day and age with technology moving so fast i thought there would be a few of these types of locks about but this is the only one i can find out there . Now call me suspicious but i cant find any reviews on the above item which rings alarm bells , some people might say 300 quid is a bit steep but with the price of lambrettas being what they are i personally didnt think it was unreasonable . Thought i would throw this out there to get some of youre thoughts on this .
amb

Postby burnside » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:39 am

Looks like a really good idea but I do have some concerns. How sensitive is the motion detector, would it send out an alarm if a lorry drove past for example giving loads of false alarms? If you are using the padlock version with a chain just how effective would the GPS be if someone came along with bolt croppers or an angle grinder and cut the lock or chain and left that there?
burnside

Return to Tuning & Kits