LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

What is the current thinking on cylinder kits?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: What is the current thinking on cylinder kits?

Postby robbbee » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:58 pm

robbbee wrote:
MickYork wrote:Avanti TT3 225.......now a proven kit with plenty of info'.

Recommend.
I run one with a TSR Evo pipe in a S2. Will pop along happily at 60, can wind it up to 70 for an overtake (if the road is long enough!!) and had it dynoed at around 19hp. Runs very cool (around 65/70 degrees according to my SIP speedo CHTG, sitting on the plug). Previous Imola kit produced only very slightly lower HP and was hitting a terrifying 120 degrees and more sometimes.

It did blow up though! :D :lol:

HOWEVER.... Not sure I have the gearing right. I'm sure a grown up could help!

I have a AF Road clutch, 47t (nice) and tried an 18t front (crap), a 17t (better. VERY FAST on the flat here in Norfolk, almost unrideable on the Derby 150! Would not go up a hill in 4th). Now run a 16t front.
I think there is more to get from this kit, but I can't be arsed to buy a new crown wheel for it and faff about unless I know for sure it will be better. It works for me as is.
robbbee

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits