LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

AF 5 speed box

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

AF 5 speed box

Postby Stesjh » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:53 pm

After some advice, recently had a AF 5 speed box fitted. Runs fine and all gears select fine. However, noticed a noise when in neutral. Have had it checked and everything appears fine and no sign of of any damage. Been put back together and still runs fine but still has a strange “whirling “ noise in neutral. Have read elsewhere that this is sometimes the case but wondering if anyone else has come across this?
Stesjh

Re: AF 5 speed box

Postby gerryjunior » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:05 pm

id look at the clutch or chain or kickstart gear rubbing, gearbox isnt likely to make noise in nuetral
gerryjunior

Postby Scooterdude » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:09 am

Does the noise change or disappear if you’re in neutral and then pull the clutch in?
Scooterdude

Postby Covboy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:22 am

I had this on a standard gearbox once. - had it apart many times changed bearings , chain checked everything over and over again - could never cure it so just lived with it. Only happened when hot.
Covboy

Postby Stesjh » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:28 pm

To be fair mine only seems to make a noise when warmed up. I have heard that some of the Rimini ones have a similar noise. Perhaps one more strip down to double check.
Stesjh

Return to Tuning & Kits