LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Which clubman.

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Which clubman.

Postby St George » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:38 pm

I have a LI150 Engine with a new alloy 185 kit fitted. Tried my mates clubman and it ran fine but the exhaust system would not line up, not even close.. Has anyone had success with any other clubmans that would fit this set up. Also running 30 mm Delly. Thanks...
St George

Re: Which clubman.

Postby ULC Soulagent » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:26 pm

It ur wanting a clubman with flexibility built in then it’s gonna be the Bgm, unfortunately you take a risk from the others with have fixed mounting points as you know nothing ever fits properly these days without some modifications :D
ULC Soulagent

Postby gaz_powell » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:06 pm

I found the scootopia one a good fit and works well on stage 4 200.
Good value
gaz_powell

Postby al pushpak » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:37 pm

Bgm, Scootopia both good, also the Ron Moss super clubman is a good choice, got one on both my Ts1's ;)
al pushpak

Postby Toddy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:54 pm

Agree re the scootopia great fit , heard good things about the Ron moss re fit and performance as well
Toddy

Postby bike grim » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:05 pm

Just fitted a Ron Moss Ex-box, very good fit and very good performance. His next batch is due next month I believe
bike grim

Postby Lammer205 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:49 pm

I would like to see back to back dyno runs with the Bgm and RM Exbox on a TS, I have heard conflicting reports. Lammer205
Lammer205

Postby Kev Fox » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:47 pm

Fitted a few BGM Clubman ver 4. All fitted perfectly and standing up well.
Kev Fox

Postby bike grim » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:54 am

Lammer205 wrote:I would like to see back to back dyno runs with the Bgm and RM Exbox on a TS, I have heard conflicting reports. Lammer205

If you’re on FB join the Lambretta Supertune Rallye SE page as there are some dyno sheets on there showing what you want
bike grim

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Toddy wrote:Agree re the scootopia great fit , heard good things about the Ron moss re fit and performance as well

Soon know as Ron is just invoicing me for mine from the new batch to be sent out first week in April.

Kev Fox wrote:Fitted a few BGM Clubman ver 4. All fitted perfectly and standing up well.

Heard tha BGM V4 is lacking in performance now that they have quietened them a bit. I have a V1 and V3 and both are good though.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby dickie » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
Heard tha BGM V4 is lacking in performance now that they have quietened them a bit. I have a V1 and V3 and both are good though.

Rich'

my V3 keeps falling to bits. good performance but the baffles fell to bits. The silencer cracked in several places. It's been cut and welded more times than a 90s cut and shut XR2.
dickie

Postby rossclark » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:53 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
Toddy wrote:Agree re the scootopia great fit , heard good things about the Ron moss re fit and performance as well

Soon know as Ron is just invoicing me for mine from the new batch to be sent out first week in April.

Kev Fox wrote:Fitted a few BGM Clubman ver 4. All fitted perfectly and standing up well.

Rich'

Ditto on all points.

I have the V4 on my RT and it won't roll on much beyond 6800 in top.
rossclark

Postby bookertmgs1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:02 pm

the V4 has definately taken away some of the torque at midrange but has put something on the top end.

My V3 was replaced under warrenty - but given the chance I'd swap back and get my V3 fixed.

The "improvements" they made to quieten the sound have affected my RT kit. Previoulsy was able to fly up hills without any change down - now its a constant gear changes to keep the momentum going. On the plus side - the improvment in top end speed is welcolme when doing motorway miles.

If I could pick up a V3 - then I'd be swapping exhausts to suit the journey - seems excessive - but the tourque on country roads makes a significant difference to the grin factor
bookertmgs1

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:21 am

Talking to two very well known tuners, there are gassing up problems now with V4, which restricts the revs and can lead to seizures.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Postby ULC Soulagent » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:40 am

bookertmgs1 wrote:the V4 has definately taken away some of the torque at midrange but has put something on the top end.

My V3 was replaced under warrenty - but given the chance I'd swap back and get my V3 fixed.

The "improvements" they made to quieten the sound have affected my RT kit. Previoulsy was able to fly up hills without any change down - now its a constant gear changes to keep the momentum going. On the plus side - the improvment in top end speed is welcolme when doing motorway miles.

If I could pick up a V3 - then I'd be swapping exhausts to suit the journey - seems excessive - but the tourque on country roads makes a significant difference to the grin factor

Strange, my V4 unmodifed version gained bottom n midrange but lost out at top end :shock: on my Rt200
ULC Soulagent

Postby ULC Soulagent » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:42 am

Rich Oswald wrote:Talking to two very well known tuners, there are gassing up problems now with V4, which restricts the revs and can lead to seizures.

Rich'

Rich, I take it that’s from large CC engines 225 and above ?
ULC Soulagent

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:41 am

ULC Soulagent wrote:
Rich Oswald wrote:Talking to two very well known tuners, there are gassing up problems now with V4, which restricts the revs and can lead to seizures.

Rich'

Rich, I take it that’s from large CC engines 225 and above ?

Yes mate, sorry forgot to say that.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Postby bamrattle » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:06 am

The ron moss 1 will probably outlast a bgm 1 they just fall apart
bamrattle

Postby Rich Oswald » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:24 am

bamrattle wrote:The ron moss 1 will probably outlast a bgm 1 they just fall apart

Ha ha, bloody hell who rattled your cage. Where ya been Trev'?
Rich Oswald

Postby Toddy » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:12 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
bamrattle wrote:The ron moss 1 will probably outlast a bgm 1 they just fall apart

Ha ha, bloody hell who rattled your cage. Where ya been Trev'?

Isolation ;)
Toddy

Next

Return to Tuning & Kits