LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

LTH linke nummer carb manifold

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: LTH linke nummer carb manifold

Postby Storkfoot » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:02 pm

I won’t trouble the height limitations on single seats :D

PHBH30. I have put it in place with the filter loosely fitted but got no further. Gut feel tells me that it should be okay. We’ll see :)
Storkfoot

Postby Leotech » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:48 pm

The rubber carb mount bit with the two bolts in are not all that flat from the packet, I had to flat mine with sand paper on a surface plate and still use 3 bond. Leaked like seive when first I tested it.
Leotech

Postby Storkfoot » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:45 pm

It’s hard to tell from this picture but the panel does slightly condense the rubber and the filter itself is pushed inwards. On the plus side, the filter itself does have plenty of air around it and the rubber bend is large enough to still allow a good flow of air even when slightly condensed.

I haven’t had the scooter out on the road yet but revving the engine on the stand, with panel on and off, made no discernible difference.
Storkfoot

Postby Storkfoot » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:54 pm

I’ve done a few miles now, perhaps 60 or so, and all appears good. The bellows do compress against the panel but as Breath Sweet bellows are wide and deep anyway, it appears to make no difference to the way the engine runs. I have run without the sidepanel to compare.

I have just put a smear of grease on the inside of the panel where the bellows touch.
Storkfoot

Postby Leotech » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:59 pm

I have a similar set up but I run my filter horizontally into the gap between the fuel tank and the rear floor. There is a bit more space it seems that way. Then again it may depend on which model its on. Mine is on a Series 1.
Leotech

Postby GP Kevo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:37 pm

I prefer to bring fresh, cool air into the carburetor over hot air from inside the panel work, so there's a big UNI filter sticking out the right side panel. It has been my most reliable setup for a TS1. I've run it in everything from soaking rain to dry, dusty, sandy windblown desert.

I used the Breathe Sweet elbow on my other GP TS1 and that was problematic as the rubber is fairly flimsy and at WOT would get sucked into the carb opening. Maybe they've made that sturdier? I would have preferred a shaped plastic elbow scalloped to fit behind a panel, but then there's the same problem of the engine breathing the hot air under the panels. So that scooter is also going to get a nice, big hole in the panel and a cheap, new UNI filter.
For a smaller carburetor maybe an airbox would be better but that would have to get air from outside the scooter for me to consider it.
GP Kevo

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:47 pm

After over ten years of having an air filter sticking out of my panel, I was just a bit fed up of the look and the fact it always touched my leg when I stopped at lights. If I lose a little bit of performance, I am not unduly bothered.

I am conscious of what you say about wide open throttle and I can see that this may happen, especially when the temperature is really hot making the rubber soft. For that reason, I’m going to run it like this in 2023 and see how it goes. If it is all good, then I shall get the panel hole covered and painted :)

I have a standard seat and air scoop. The breath sweet filter, which is pretty tall, fits between an altered toolbox and petrol tank. It gets hot air but not too hot in the UK. I do appreciate that running at high air temperatures and altitude in Europe does provide challenges that we don’t usually face in UK. I have experienced this a couple of times. Hopefully, I’ll get to Europe next Summer and try it out.

I suppose it comes down to me preferring a more standard look, and more sedate ride, the older I get :P
Storkfoot

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:49 pm

The Pro Porting set up is 6mm thinner than the Breath Sweet and the rubber is thicker and would definitely not get sucked into the bellmouth. I’ll try it sometime in the new year. I think it will clear the panel though.

Storkfoot

Postby Psychedelicropcircle » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:41 pm

Hi lads I’ve ordered one of these LH manifolds. It looks like a 30mm is as big a carb as you can go. I have a 30mm mukini & plan to pair it with a Bgm curly. Just looking for jetting comparison.

Scott.
Psychedelicropcircle

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:57 pm

Storkfoot wrote:The Pro Porting set up is 6mm thinner than the Breath Sweet and the rubber is thicker and would definitely not get sucked into the bellmouth. I’ll try it sometime in the new year. I think it will clear the panel though.

Just to update this, the Pro Porting set up does clear a GP panel. As you can see from the picture, I have a sock type Ram Air filter. The Threebond still holds good too.
Storkfoot

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits