LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

LTH linke nummer carb manifold

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

LTH linke nummer carb manifold

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:08 pm

Does anyone have one fitted on a TS1 and, if so, will they allow a PHBH30 with a remote Breath Sweet filter to be fitted under the panel?

https://www.lambretta-teile.de/Ansaugst ... retta-TS-1
Storkfoot

Re: LTH linke nummer carb manifold

Postby Knowledge » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:12 pm

Paul,

Roy Super Hooper has one fitted with a PHBH 30 and a filter. He likes it. I think Sticky has one fitted to his TS1 240.

Martin
Knowledge

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:58 pm

Thanks, Martin. I’ll txt Roy :)
Storkfoot

Postby ULC Soulagent » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:44 am

I’ve one fitted but use the slimline marchbald filter instead. Plenty of panel clearance
ULC Soulagent

Postby bike grim » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:18 pm

I’ve used one in the past and like it. Not currently fitted (due to tank change) so if you wanted to try for fit let me know
G
bike grim

Postby Storkfoot » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:46 pm

ULC Soulagent wrote:I’ve one fitted but use the slimline marchbald filter instead. Plenty of panel clearance

Thanks. Hopefully, it’ll be fine with the Breath Sweet elbow then. I have heard that it may just touch a GP panel but should be okay.
Storkfoot

Postby Storkfoot » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:49 pm

bike grim wrote:I’ve used one in the past and like it. Not currently fitted (due to tank change) so if you wanted to try for fit let me know
G

Thanks for the offer, Gareth. I have taken the plunge and ordered one this morning. I have the Casa adjustable engine bar and a 3mm packer on the inlet manifold. Hopefully, there’ll be no interference with the frame but I suppose I’ll just have to lose the packer if there is.
Storkfoot

Postby Norrie Bodge » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:53 pm

Storkfoot wrote:
bike grim wrote:I’ve used one in the past and like it. Not currently fitted (due to tank change) so if you wanted to try for fit let me know
G

Thanks for the offer, Gareth. I have taken the plunge and ordered one this morning. I have the Casa adjustable engine bar and a 3mm packer on the inlet manifold. Hopefully, there’ll be no interference with the frame but I suppose I’ll just have to lose the packer if there is.

No issues with frame clearance on my GP with a 3mm packer mate! Mind I got reedblock skimmed down by half for added clearance !!
I run an open mouth TMX-30 & loadsa room for a filter if needed
GL
Norrie Bodge

Postby Storkfoot » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:01 pm

Norrie Bodge wrote:
No issues with frame clearance on my GP with a 3mm packer mate! Mind I got reedblock skimmed down by half for added clearance !!
I run an open mouth TMX-30 & loadsa r for a filter if needed
GL

Thanks for that.

I am assuming Threebond, which I have a tube of, would be a good gasket sealant to use. Is that right?
Storkfoot

Postby ULC Soulagent » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:58 am

Threebond is just fine although messy :lol:
ULC Soulagent

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:39 am

Thanks. I asked because I have never bonded rubber with metal before.
Storkfoot

Postby gaz_powell » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:13 pm

Since using the grey yamabond/3bond on Vespa drive side rubber coated seals never had any problems with them (rubber/metal)

It is messy stuff....
gaz_powell

Postby Storkfoot » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:37 am

I didn’t fit the packer on this occasion. I just wanted to make sure it did clear the frame and that it all sealed okay. I have used the bgm rubber but had to spend some time fettling it to get it to sit perfectly flat. To be fair to bgm/SCK, it was not made for this manifold. I have used the Threebond on all the surfaces.

Engine is back in the frame after having a new crank and piston rings fitted. Once it is all wired up, strobed etc, I’ll report back as to how it runs and whether, as I hope, the filter does sit clear of the panel.

Storkfoot

Postby Psychedelicropcircle » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:42 pm

Storkfoot wrote:I didn’t fit the packer on this occasion. I just wanted to make sure it did clear the frame and that it all sealed okay. I have used the bgm rubber but had to spend some time fettling it to get it to sit perfectly flat. To be fair to bgm/SCK, it was not made for this manifold. I have used the Threebond on all the surfaces.

Engine is back in the frame after having a new crank and piston rings fitted. Once it is all wired up, strobed etc, I’ll report back as to how it runs and whether, as I hope, the filter does sit clear of the panel.

I’d always thought the reason to use this manifold was to save the innocents police arresting you for battery tray removal! But it looks like yours isn’t there? Is there another reason to hook left?
Psychedelicropcircle

Postby Storkfoot » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:29 pm

Fed up of having a Ram air filter poking through the right hand panel. Also trying to make the scooter look like a Lammy again so rev counter, CHT gauge and expansion pipe all being consigned to history :)
Storkfoot

Postby dickie » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:17 pm

Storkfoot wrote:Fed up of having a Ram air filter poking through the right hand panel. Also trying to make the scooter look like a Lammy again so rev counter, CHT gauge and expansion pipe all being consigned to history :)

We're all getting old :D :lol:
dickie

Postby gaz_powell » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:44 am

My new SIL resto project is going that way, 150 with choice a mick abbey tuned 185 or scootopia 185, clubman etc i want it to look and sound like a scooter should and 26phbh, decent 4 plate clutch, so it has with a little bit more pep.
No big tanks, expansion chamber etc im even having full rear boards on it, which is a first for me.
Drew the the line at a standard seat.... Custom made low level fibreglass full length.....
Nearly ready paint....
gaz_powell

Postby Storkfoot » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:16 am

Standard seats are great. I really couldn’t face the thought of a Snet anymore and, thinking back, I think they were the cause of many lower back issues that I had.

My Series 2 is to have single seats which I have never tried before :)
Storkfoot

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:59 am

Storkfoot wrote:Standard seats are great. I really couldn’t face the thought of a Snet anymore and, thinking back, I think they were the cause of many lower back issues that I had.

My Series 2 is to have single seats which I have never tried before :)

Single seats are very comfortable but really depends on ur inside leg measurements :lol:
5’8 2 under six footer is about the limit for them
ULC Soulagent

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:08 am

Forgot too ask what carb ur using? Reason being that I have a 35tmx fitted and was was using the pull up choke on it but found out that my petrol lever bar activates it in the suspension movements on the road. Will probably get round to buying a remote choke plunger system in the near future but in the meantime I’ve just disconnected the lever bar while running it in :roll:
ULC Soulagent

Next

Return to Tuning & Kits