LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Cyclone 5 heat sieze?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Cyclone 5 heat sieze?

Postby swissdean » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:35 pm

Hi, Just under 4000 Kms on my cyclone 5 box ( cyclone p layshaft, casa end plate, .005 thou end float) and it broke down ion me last month. Got it going but it was clunking in 2nd gear so parked it up and had it shipped home. Now home and stripped to find this. Looks to have got very hot and seized. Gears were very hard to get off, almost as if layshaft too thick or gears too tight. I can’t recall it being tight when assembled last year. Any ideas / experience of what could cause this and what I can do, ie will the gearbox go again?

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
swissdean

Re: Cyclone 5 heat sieze?

Postby dickie » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:49 pm

Unless that was a tight fit when you installed it, then the heat wasn't generated by normal running in oil.

Maybe a foreign body got trapped betwixt the gear and layshaft?

Maybe the end plate pushed the loose gear and cluster too close? Thereby forcing the loose 2nd gear hard up against the layshaft?
dickie

Postby MickYork » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:19 pm

Could the end plate be slightly out of alignment ?
MickYork

Postby Fast n Furious » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:34 am

MickYork wrote:Could the end plate be slightly out of alignment ?

Definitely the first check to make. End plates that are not original to the casing can have alignment issues which will cause this.
Fast n Furious

Return to Tuning & Kits