LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

ts1 200

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

ts1 200

Postby DaveTomo » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:03 pm

Picked up a TS1 barrel recently -the barrel is stamped 106 so presumably an early one? Anyway its a 200 that needs a resleeve as it dropped a ring peg by the looks of it, so I will be getting it iron lined at PJME as they're only just down the road from me in Wolverhampton. The parts I have is at present : Mammoth head, the barrel and a 58x110 crank (SIL webs, Jap conrod been a good crank, have had it checked over the years at AF Raypeed whenever I have changed the top end ,always come back as OK so will be keeping it) .I will be running it as a 200 and have ordered the LTH left hand manifold,bit of an extravagance but I just prefer the carb on the "normal" side.Avanti clubman and TMX30 carb.Too my questions finally :roll:

1) 3 of the holes that hold the manifold on are M6 the fourth which would normally take the small stubby allen bolt and fed from the bottom is not threaded - should this have a thread on it? I'm thinking maybe over time to get the small allen bolt in the thread has been butchered to make getting the bolt in easier? So will this need a time-sert?

2) Piston-would a GT200 piston be suitable as to be honest I like the price https://www.discodezscooters.co.uk/p/granturismo_66mm_200cc_piston_kit I have had Mitaka pistons in various kits over the years and found them to be good.

Like I say TS1 newbie, as always appreciate any advice
DaveTomo

Re: ts1 200

Postby ULC Soulagent » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:34 am

I had big air leaks on my Lth nummerwhatyamacallit and stripped the m6 threads on trying too get it tight down. Ran 3 M8 Allen stubs down it instead with a lick of 3bond on each mating surface and left it to cure overnight which resulted in an air tight seal.
Can’t comment on the pistons ur gonna use but always depends where the ring pegs are and what iron line PJME use which I’d probably say is a direct layout on original format so bit of a minefield regarding pistons being used.

Good Luck
ULC Soulagent

Postby DaveTomo » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:43 pm

Thinking about it it'll be just easier to go 225 and get a Ron Moss TS1 piston,again Mitaka.Appreciate the reply about fitting the LTH manifold though, did you tap out the holes and just fit M8 bolts ? Or a stud and a nut?
DaveTomo

Postby gaz_powell » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:31 pm

The hole in the barrel for the bolt that comes from underneath is not tapped, the tapping is in the manifold.

To keep standard profile head you could use the 66mm Monza (meteor) or AF do a Wossner which they can cut windows in, the easiest option.
Ive got a 66mm steel lined with a Wossner IT175 piston but it needs a 115 or 116 rod plus head profiling.

Be careful with jap pistons as said peg positions can be a problem, I had DT175 piston in it but wasn't happy about the peg position so went for the more expensive Wossner IT but was alot happier.
gaz_powell

Postby ULC Soulagent » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:08 am

DaveTomo wrote:Thinking about it it'll be just easier to go 225 and get a Ron Moss TS1 piston,again Mitaka.Appreciate the reply about fitting the LTH manifold though, did you tap out the holes and just fit M8 bolts ? Or a stud and a nut?

Yes drill n tapped ;)
ULC Soulagent

Return to Tuning & Kits