LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

ideal engine temp

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: ideal engine temp

Postby Eden » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:13 am

Drop is also an indication that you have bad fuel with low octane and your piston crown is being eaten away. If you have an egt too when this happens the egt will read high.
Eden

Postby peejay » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:01 pm

thanks eden and piskie for your replies :D
peejay

Postby peejay » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:23 pm

Eden wrote:the numbers ive quoted are with the sensor under the spark plug. You will probably see lower temps with it fitted to the fin.

the sensors supplied with the gauge are no good for the plug for my RT 225, i wasn't happy it was a good seal and all just a bit confined. at least where i have the temp prob now is very near the plug but at the same time out of the way to minimise damage to it, well that's my theory anyway.

what's a ball park figure for the difference in temp reading where i have it as opposed to under the plug?
peejay

Postby Eden » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:33 am

Temps will be a bit lower and wont read as quickly but after using it for a while you will soon get to know whats normal and whats hot on your setup.
Eden

Postby peejay » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:48 am

Eden wrote:Temps will be a bit lower and wont read as quickly but after using it for a while you will soon get to know whats normal and whats hot on your setup.

thanks Eden, i have noticed a "lag" in temp increase when put under load up hill, it's surprising the difference you can get, it gives me a much better understanding of what is actually going on :)
peejay

Postby piskie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:24 am

Once your happy pejay you can play thrash it get it hot blip the throttle see the change flip the choke on see the change it really help understand throttle positions xxx
piskie

Postby peejay » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:28 am

piskie wrote:Once your happy pejay you can play thrash it get it hot blip the throttle see the change flip the choke on see the change it really help understand throttle positions xxx

me, thrash it, no never :D
peejay

Postby kalifornia » Mon May 30, 2016 10:32 am

I'm using a SIP speedo with the ring on top of my plug which is held down against the metal part by the HT cap (rubber NGK type with the rubber seal off a bakalite NGK type). Do you think this will be less accurate with more lag than under the plug? I'm getting much lower temperatures than you guys are stating, between 121F and 142F (49C to 61C).
kalifornia

Postby jonashford » Mon May 30, 2016 4:09 pm

Take that sip speedo and throw it in the bin, then buy a gammatech :D
jonashford

Postby kalifornia » Tue May 31, 2016 12:56 pm

Lol, thanks for that. I'd like one but don't want to spoil the look of my LiS. When they do one that fits the standard speedo hole then I'm all in.
kalifornia

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue May 31, 2016 2:17 pm

kalifornia wrote:Lol, thanks for that. I'd like one but don't want to spoil the look of my LiS. When they do one that fits the standard speedo hole then I'm all in.

Couldn't agree more. Love the concept but they just look so wrong,

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Eden » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:20 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
kalifornia wrote:Lol, thanks for that. I'd like one but don't want to spoil the look of my LiS. When they do one that fits the standard speedo hole then I'm all in.

Couldn't agree more. Love the concept but they just look so wrong,

Rich'

agreed
Eden

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits