LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Running Lean/Air Flow issue?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Running Lean/Air Flow issue?

Postby Bilko » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:08 am

I’ve just put together a Gori Sport 200 iron barrel in my S1 running a Jetex 22mm through a BGM “high flow” airbox, I can’t seem to richen it. Very lean and I’m wondering if the set up with the Airbox and carb doesn’t work well or am I missing something?

Carb jetting: Main jet 118 then up to 125, Pilot jet 50, choke jet 45, 200 slide.
I’ve managed about 90 miles with short runs at 30mm h, but it doesn’t sound good when changing down.
Leak testing and all seems fine.

Initially I thought I’d sorted it because of slow fuel flow and I put a fast flow tap on.

I would liked to have thought I’d have this sorted, but I haven’t used a set up like this in a long time and I’m quite disappointed with myself.
Bilko

Re: Running Lean/Air Flow issue?

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:51 am

Bin the jettex Robert and go delly 25 ;)
ULC Soulagent

Postby Scooterslag » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:31 am

ULC Soulagent wrote:Bin the jettex Robert and go delly 25 ;)

Yep Jettex's are too hit and miss, I've known a few people to get on with them ok but a lot more who couldn't ;) Paul
Scooterslag

Postby Bilko » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:35 am

Thanks for the replies.
Bilko

Postby MickYork » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:43 am

Have you checked for an air leak now that it's running ?
MickYork

Postby Bilko » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:15 pm

Yes, used an inner tube so I could test the exhaust stub.
Bilko

Postby Leotech » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:30 pm

Bilko wrote:I’ve just put together a Gori Sport 200 iron barrel in my S1 running a Jetex 22mm through a BGM “high flow” airbox, I can’t seem to richen it. Very lean and I’m wondering if the set up with the Airbox and carb doesn’t work well or am I missing something?

Carb jetting: Main jet 118 then up to 125, Pilot jet 50, choke jet 45, 200 slide.
I’ve managed about 90 miles with short runs at 30mm h, but it doesn’t sound good when changing down.

Initially I thought I’d sorted it because of slow fuel flow and I put a fast flow tap on.

I would liked to have thought I’d have this sorted, but I haven’t used a set up like this in a long time and I’m quite disappointed with myself.

I had a Gori and it flew, was good for 70ish, Pulled 4.7 top gear jetted as below, Big bore pipe SH carb through airbox etc.

Main 130
Pilot 50
Choke 50
Slide -1
Atomiser-1
Air screw 1 turns out
Leotech

Postby Bilko » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:52 pm

Leotech wrote:
Bilko wrote:I’ve just put together a Gori Sport 200 iron barrel in my S1 running a Jetex 22mm through a BGM “high flow” airbox, I can’t seem to richen it. Very lean and I’m wondering if the set up with the Airbox and carb doesn’t work well or am I missing something?

I had a Gori and it flew, was good for 70ish, Pulled 4.7 top gear jetted as below, Big bore pipe SH carb through airbox etc.

Main 130
Pilot 50
Choke 50
Slide -1
Atomiser-1
Air screw 1 turns out

Thanks. Something definitely amiss then!
Bilko

Postby hullygully » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:23 pm

Bilko wrote:
Leotech wrote:

Main 130
Pilot 50
Choke 50
Slide -1
Atomiser-1
Air screw 1 turns out

DEFO up the main jet to a 130 bud, I've even got an armadillo air hose & a breathe sweet with an airbox like a swiss cheese
hullygully

Postby Leotech » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:02 pm

Bilko wrote:
Leotech wrote:

Main 130
Pilot 50
Choke 50
Slide -1
Atomiser-1
Air screw 1 turns out

My air filter box was standard big hole type, but with the baffle out of the scoop and a hi flow filter, not the wire mesh type. I've just set my TV200 up and thats fairly standard cast iron 200 but with a AF big bore and a 22 carb and thats liking a 130 main currently, was a 132 to begin with, I think it will end up at 128 after a few more miles.
Leotech

Postby Bilko » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:06 pm

Thanks.
Bilko

Return to Tuning & Kits