LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Scootopia electronic kit

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Scootopia electronic kit

Postby gp200ts1 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:52 pm

Does anyone know what the ignition curve is for their electronic kit? Using it on an rt195 with a bgm v2 clubman and concerned that touring and riding with a group will have the timing too far advanced. Tried contacting scootopia but they couldn’t help.
gp200ts1

Re: Scootopia electronic kit

Postby gp200ts1 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:40 pm

Well after marking the mag housing for 25 degrees down to 15 degrees in the odd degree steps and then strobing it. At fast tick over its 25 degrees then retards back to 17 degrees by 5000 rpm so I’m happy with that.
gp200ts1

Postby nsaints » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:57 am

Saw your comment on the Vape thread - wow Scootopia themselves do not know the ignition curve of their own ignition.

Bit of a long shot after a quick google myself the scootopia ignition looks similar to the old style IDE Casatronic system
Big assumption time..
There is a ignition curve for the IDE casatronic to be found online, which maybe the same as the Scootopia ignition curve
It’s within a Rimini fitting instruction video. You have to screen print the graph when it appears within the video

I’ve just done this myself
If you want the screen print yourself PM me
nsaints

Postby nsaints » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:23 am

Now I'm on a PC and can post an image onto the forum, which others may benefit
Here is the previous version Casatronic IDE ignition curve, which maybe the same curve as the Scootopia IDE style ignition.

nsaints

Return to Tuning & Kits