LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

60x110 crank on ts1

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

60x110 crank on ts1

Postby Speedy Hufton » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:11 am

Hi all got a clubmate, Didds wanting some advice on correct set up for new crank as he's changed from 58mm stroke. What his motor is, is as follows: sil casing, 60x110 crank with yamaha rod, standard ts1, 39 comp height wossner piston and mammoth head. He is a little unsure as to what packers and gaskets to be using in relation to not sending port timings all over. I think the mammoth heads are 1.2mm squish if that helps. Cheers, Speedy.
Speedy Hufton

Re: 60x110 crank on ts1

Postby dickie » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:02 am

It's hard to say just from that. Personally I always measure port timings and move the barrel up and down until I get what I want.

Then you can use different (or preferably none) thickness head gaskets to achieve required squish.
dickie

Re: 60x110 crank on ts1

Postby Knowledge » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:31 am

If you don’t have a variety of spacers available to you, try a selection of baskets (though that might be a lot of baskets) of perhaps just a few M8 washers at the bottom of the barrel. When you find the best thickness at the bottom of the barrel, measure their combined thickness of the washers and order the correct spacer from your favourite supplier.

You can always make your own spacer.

Take a base gasket and lay it on some aluminium plate of the correct thickness and spray over the gasket with some aerosol paint. When the paint is dry, remove the paper gasket and cut away all the painted ali. A bit laborious, but still quicker than waiting for the postman to deliver one from a tuning shop.
Knowledge

Return to Tuning & Kits