LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

TS1 and a Wah, Wah,Wah

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

TS1 and a Wah, Wah,Wah

Postby GRTDKAD » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:50 pm

Took the TS1 for a run out on Friday. Just a local loop of ~35 miles or so as it was pretty windy. All sorts of riding including some fast stuff - the scooter performed flawlessly until I was re entering town.
First a couple of misses, which I took as a hint to switch to the reserve, and then on a fairly long climb in to town and in traffic it decides to give me the old rapid, repetitive Wah, Wah, Wah, Wah as if it was struggling while in the most built up crowded area (1st and 2nd gear because of traffic, lights etc)
It’s not the first time, I thought it was fuel issues or four stroking but not sure.
It cleared up after 10/15 secs and got me home with no issues.
Checked tank and there was still 1/3 fuel in there.
TS1 230, Mikuni TMX35, Supertourer exhaust, ESSO 99

Welcome suggestions as to what could be cause and ideas to remedy please
Last edited by GRTDKAD on Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRTDKAD

Re: TS1 and a Wah, Wah,Wah

Postby Rich Oswald » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:06 pm

Is your fuel pipe routing ok and not compressing when riding uphill? I ask as I once has same problem on my TS1.
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby GRTDKAD » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:04 pm

Possibly. Will check.
GRTDKAD

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:53 pm

How steep was the hill? Random thought but fuel starvation when carb is on a slant? If the float is set a bit too low, it may be plausible :idea: :?
Storkfoot

Postby hullygully » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:00 pm

give your electrics a once over, failing plug, stator or CDi starting to go :?
hullygully

Postby Adam_Winstone » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:07 pm

Typically the hills issue is fuel starvation because the tap is towards the front of the tank and all the fuel sloshes to the back on hills. This temporary starved the carb of fuel but is then ok when you level out.

This very quickly becomes the case if you have a fast flow tap with tall reserve pipe under the filter. These long reserve pipes quickly lead to fuel starvation even without a hill!!! Thankfully, you can remove the filter element (nylon mesh/cover), cut the pipe, then refit filter cover.

^... this is why many suggest always running in the reserve position; to avoid starvation.

If you were low on fuel and a steep enough hill, you may even have suffered starvation with the tap on reserve.
Adam_Winstone

Postby GRTDKAD » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:36 pm

hullygully wrote:give your electrics a once over, failing plug, stator or CDi starting to go :?

It’s a pretty new CDi and plug but will take a look.
GRTDKAD

Postby GRTDKAD » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:39 pm

Just checking, am I generally on the right track with focus on fuel issues based on the Wah, Wah, Wah, Wah description
LoL
GRTDKAD

Postby hullygully » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:51 am

I've found the latest BGM one's to be sh*te (2 x new ones recently) but Ducati one's good, even 2nd hand ones..............
'Wah Wah Wah' description close, mine have usually being poppidy poppidy booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:
hullygully

Return to Tuning & Kits