LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

New layshaft from Uni/AFR

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

New layshaft from Uni/AFR

Postby Knowledge » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:49 pm

When I was at Lincoln, Darren Scott (DSC Racing) showed me a new layshaft built for AF Rayspeed by UNI.

It has more width to carry the loose gears. Ben obviously thought this was helpful when using the Clo5e five speed gearbox as it gives extra support to the inside face of the gears, especially the first gear. It does not appear to need any modification to the gearbox or the gearbox endplate and I guess it works as well with any four speed ‘box.

I think I am going to get one to replace my 50+ year old Innocenti layshaft.
Knowledge

Re: New layshaft from Uni/AFR

Postby dscscotty » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:14 pm

Just to clarify the version we had on display is made specifically for 5 speed gear stacks to address possible issues with 1st gear not seating fully on the layshaft, there can be issues with wear particularly the layshaft end, this slightly longer version should address this.
Just be aware that a 4 speed stack may not over hang the layshaft, thus making it impossible to shim.
AF do stock a standard length shaft from the same manufacturer and are of the same high quality as the 5 speed version.
The new AF Rayspeed 5 speed layshaft

dscscotty

Re: New layshaft from Uni/AFR

Postby Knowledge » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:30 pm

Thank goodness a grow-up reads and clarifies my posts.

Cheers Darren
Knowledge

Return to Tuning & Kits