LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Ball end levers

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Ball end levers

Postby Stu » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:17 pm

Which ball end levers are people cannibalising to use to make 60’s replicas levers?
Thanks.
Stu

Re: Ball end levers

Postby nsaints » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:44 am

I used some new Cuppini ones, but they still needed work with a file so they fitted well at the pivot end.

I do have some cheaper unbranded ones you can have for the cost of postage. These a lot need more work to get them half decent. PM me if you want them.
nsaints

Postby Stu » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:56 am

nsaints wrote:I used some new Cuppini ones, but they still needed work with a file so they fitted well at the pivot end.

I do have some cheaper unbranded ones you can have for the cost of postage. These a lot need more work to get them half decent. PM me if you want them.

Thanks for the kind offer, but I would really like to make my own if possible for a project.It involves threading the end of the original levers and cutting ball ends of donor levers and drilling and tapping to suit. Can’t remember if one’s to use are 20 or 25 mm.
Thanks.
Stu

Postby Tractorman » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:02 am

Keith at K2customs sell the balls of various sizes.
Tractorman

Postby Stu » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:05 pm

Thanks.
Much appreciated.
Stu

Postby AlG » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:42 pm

You can buy alloy balls from ebay in various diameters with threaded holes for around £4.
AlG

Return to Tuning & Kits