LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

CASA SST265 Surging Issue

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

CASA SST265 Surging Issue

Postby ROClarke » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:08 pm

My Casa SST 265 has behaved faultlessly over the last 2 years or so and never fails to give me a buzz.
However recently it has developed a fault which I am struggling to diagnose,although I am sure it is a fuelling issue.
When I am canning it it starts to surge and only settles down again when I slow down to around 40 mph or less.It ai then OK for a minute when I open it up again and then the surging returns.Also when it is surging the throtttle is less responsive and the engine revs even though I have closed the power off,it is like What happens when you are just about to run out of fuel,the engine revs sometimes before you switch to reserve.
I have changed the file line today and ditched the quick release fuel pipe connector as I thought it may have been the culprit.
Fuel line is routed under frame and over the silent bloc,not ideal,but the dellorto carb is on the right of course.
ROClarke

Re: CASA SST265 Surging Issue

Postby dickie » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:17 am

Just thinking aloud....

Fuel tap
Something in float bowl
Float jammed or damaged

Definitely sounds like a fuel thing.

I once had a similar issue which turned out to be that I'd fitted the anti-surge thingy in the float bowl upside down. Gave your symptoms, but seems unlikely unless you've been in there for some reason. I doubt it would re-install itself incorrectly just for the fun of it.
dickie

Postby ROClarke » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:27 pm

Sorted it Dickie !
I am not really familiar with the Dellorto VHSB carb and was not sure if it had a filter.
Anyway it has and it was so gunged up I could not get it out !
Even after I removed it the fuel left in pipe did not run into the float bowel,the gunge had backed up into the brass fuel pipe connector !
Weird how it manages to get past the filter attached to the fuel tap with a filter in the tank.
ROClarke

Postby jonoy » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:58 pm

Can you still buy the 265 sst full engine ?
jonoy

Postby ROClarke » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:53 pm

jonoy wrote:Can you still buy the 265 sst full engine ?

Yes.
ROClarke

Postby gaz_powell » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:14 pm

That little white filter falls to bits after a while as well so keep an eye it.
gaz_powell

Postby jonoy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:12 pm

ROClarke wrote:
jonoy wrote:Can you still buy the 265 sst full engine ?

Yes.

In the U.K. ?
jonoy

Return to Tuning & Kits