LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

VAPE touring spare

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

VAPE touring spare

Postby ste s one » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:53 pm

Been running a VAPE ignition on my series 1 for 3 years and it's been faultless. Was told at the time , no need to carry spares , they don't fail. Been riding around on my other bikes this year and been carrying stator and cdi as always .Off on the series 1 next week and got to wonder if anyone has had to change anything on their VAPE roadside. Nearly bought spare stator and cdi but don't want to waste £130 .
Has anyone had any problems ?
Cheers
Steve
ste s one

Re: VAPE touring spare

Postby Toddy » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:21 pm

Touch wood not yet , been running in three scooters but yes I do carry spares just in case ;)
Toddy

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:35 pm

The fella I spanner for at Bsso rounds had a stator failure in his last outing so it does happen and u can never carry enough spares :lol:
ULC Soulagent

Postby ste s one » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:04 pm

Thanks for the feedback .
I've invested in a cdi as a back up .
Having looked at the wiring diagram, I think I might try and rig up a mini loom to try a Readspeed Lukas cdi on this . If it works , there's no need for the stator .
I'll update if it works .
ste s one

Return to Tuning & Kits