LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Alcolyte fuel

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Alcolyte fuel

Postby David Parkes » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:54 pm

Has anyone else on here been running Alcolyte pre mixed fuel? I have been running it in a bog standard LI 150 only run about 30 miles so far as a test, my observations so far are that it really burns clean, my exhaust almost smells like a gas boiler vent with a very light hint of 2 stroke oil, far and a away cleaner than my usual mix, one additional observation is that the engine seems to run cooler, clearly I need to put more miles on it and check the plug etc but so far so good and the added bonus that it won’t deteriorate in the tank like modern petrol does.
The fuel I used was supplied by Aspen it is a 50:1 synthetic pre mix and was developed for industrial 2 stoke applications, chainsaws etc where workers are exposed to harmful exhaust gases. As above Incan vouch for that, zero smoke and a vast reduction in smell.
The negative of course is the price, it works out at about £25 a gallon of you buy it on Amazon! That said I don’t do many miles so it’s not an issue.

Ps this is my first post on here so hello.
David Parkes

Re: Alcolyte fuel

Postby nickw » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:30 pm

Hi David and welcome to the forum. This fuel appears good until the price lol. I would also worry about running at 50:1. I know many people run their engines at a lower % but not seen as low as this one. Isn't part of the thrill of a 2 stroke Lambretta engine the oil smell?
cheers :-)
nickw

Postby David Parkes » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:42 pm

Thanks Nick,

I agree with the smell, and the cost is high, given the fuel doesn’t contain benzine and additives that work against lubrication 50:1 on a fully synthetic mix looks to be ok, I agree I wouldn’t run that low on petrol, all the reviews for industrial 2 stroke use are positive, I’ll report back on how things go.
David Parkes

Postby lofty » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:42 am

interesting thread..

especially considering we may all be running this in 20 years time as petrol/diesel is phased out....
lofty

Return to Tuning & Kits