LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

RST JL exhaust ??

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

RST JL exhaust ??

Postby Storkfoot » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:49 pm

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/prod ... f45fe1abfa

Has anyone any experience of this exhaust please?

I am trying to help a mate who seems to have this exhaust on a cutdown with a Mugello 186, PHBH 30. At this point, all I have done is rebuild his 5 plate clutch which had been shockingly put together by the “knowledgeable” engine builder. The engine builder was not my mate.

I haven’t ridden the scooter and, to be honest, given my footballer’s knees and the rear sets on this cutdown, I have no intention of even trying to :P

I am told it is flat at the top end but gearing feels okay. He has a 128 main and an AV266 /x13 basic set up on his PHBH30. Before I try and point him in the right direction, I was just wondering whether anyone had any experience with this exhaust. Is it, for example, a copy of a Supertourer?

My initial view is that the exhaust may well be a poor match for the 186 Mugello.
Storkfoot

Re: RST JL exhaust ??

Postby missing lynx » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:47 pm

What exhaust has it got at the moment? I had a JL3 curly on my Mugello 186 and had a fdr of 5.3 to get best use out of if but the powerband came in a bit high in the rev range so you had to wring its neck. The blurb sip have put doesn't really tell you what it's best suited for
missing lynx

Postby Storkfoot » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:34 pm

missing lynx wrote:What exhaust has it got at the moment? I had a JL3 curly on my Mugello 186 and had a fdr of 5.3 to get best use out of if but the powerband came in a bit high in the rev range so you had to wring its neck. The blurb sip have put doesn't really tell you what it's best suited for

It’s got that exhaust on, I think. I suspect it was bought more for looks.
Storkfoot

Postby missing lynx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:27 pm

Storkfoot wrote:
missing lynx wrote:What exhaust has it got at the moment? I had a JL3 curly on my Mugello 186 and had a fdr of 5.3 to get best use out of if but the powerband came in a bit high in the rev range so you had to wring its neck. The blurb sip have put doesn't really tell you what it's best suited for

It’s got that exhaust on, I think. I suspect it was bought more for looks.

Ah sorry I thought he was thinking of getting one, doh. They do suggest changing your exhaust port timing if using and expansion chambers on a Mugello to get the full benefit from it but that exhaust doesn't seem well suited for the Mugello 186 also IMHO 30mm carb is a bit big I have a 26 on mine. I've reed valves mine and am changing the JL for a SIP S2 silent clubman to give me a touring set-up as that's what I mainly do
missing lynx

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:12 pm

Thanks. I really could do with having a ride on it, I suppose :shock:
Storkfoot

Postby GP Kevo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:52 am

It's the JL version of the Franspeed Supertourer. https://www.jl-exhausts.com/rst-bolt-on-802-c.asp
Their "Bolt-on" exhausts are Franspeed derived and their "Original" exhausts are Taffspeed or Kegra derived.
Pretty much.
GP Kevo

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:16 am

GP Kevo wrote:It's the JL version of the Franspeed Supertourer. https://www.jl-exhausts.com/rst-bolt-on-802-c.asp
Their "Bolt-on" exhausts are Franspeed derived and their "Original" exhausts are Taffspeed or Kegra derived.
Pretty much.

Thanks for that. I did have a Supertourer on a TS1 a while back. That wasn’t a good match either.
Storkfoot

Postby GP Kevo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:28 am

\
Storkfoot wrote:
GP Kevo wrote:It's the JL version of the Franspeed Supertourer. https://www.jl-exhausts.com/rst-bolt-on-802-c.asp
Pretty much.

Thanks for that. I did have a Supertourer on a TS1 a while back. That wasn’t a good match either.

The Race is good match for TS1's though. Bolt-on Race is JL's Franspeed Race.
GP Kevo

Return to Tuning & Kits