LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

TS1 rebuild

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

TS1 rebuild

Postby TS1-200 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Built my TS1 230 engine about 5yrs ago and has been fairly and reliable motor and has done a lot of miles, about 8 or 9 thousand in that time, however I thought over the xmas period I thought I would have it apart to check if things were ok, bearing in mind this engine was running and going well, occasionally awkward to start but always started, pulled it apart to see the nicasil had worn out around the exhaust port, rings were partially stuck with a gap of 50 thou, and the gudgeon pin had worn in the small end bearing area, amazing that this engine ran so well in this condition, just goes to show. Glad I had it apart now, cylinder is winging its way to Aptec for plating and a new set of rings, gudgeon pin and seals on their way from MB,

cylinder.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TS1-200

Re: TS1 rebuild

Postby Captain Pugwash » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Any pictures of the piston ?
Captain Pugwash

Re: TS1 rebuild

Postby TS1-200 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Yes I`ll get one, when I get it back
TS1-200

Return to Tuning & Kits