LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

BGM pick-up alignment

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

BGM pick-up alignment

Postby Sam_C » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Evening all. I have a very weak spark from my BGM full DC set-up ( BGM stator and flywheel). I have read of problems with the pick-up height not being aligned with the magnets on occasion, usually with non BGM flywheels. Anybody had it on a full BGM setup? Secondly...how do you actually check/ measure the alignment? Everything is new and all the bits and bobs cdi,plug lead blah blah have been swapped at least once during my testing.
Thanks, Sam
Sam_C

Re: BGM pick-up alignment

Postby coaster » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:57 am

I think the pick up alignment will only affect the triggering of the spark (miss fire) rather than the strength of it. Check the resistance of the LT coil which for a BGM should be over 500 ohms. Also check that you have a good, solid earth from the engine to the frame. You could try another CDI (less than £10 from ebay) just to be certain ;)
coaster

Postby Sam_C » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Cheers Coaster, I'll check the LT coil. Is it just a case of connecting one end of the meter to the LT coil and the other to earth? I have more earths on this scoot than you can shake a stick at, so I don't think that's the problem, and I have swapped the CDI for another new BGM item. I'll see if I have another in my toybox though!
Cheers.
Sam_C

Postby coaster » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:20 am

Yes, one lead to the green wire and the other to earth. You can check that your earths are all good as well, just connect the leads engine case and frame looking for as close to zero as possible.
coaster

Return to Tuning & Kits