LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Baffled

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Baffled

Postby Angry Bloke » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:58 pm

I need to repack the baffles on a Devtour end can , I've done it in the past with reasonable success but wondered if anyone had any tips ? ie pack tight or loose , leave a gap etc

Also what type of wadding - there is plenty to chose from on ebay but has anyone used a specific type with good results

Any comments welcome

Cheers

Peach :D
Angry Bloke

Re: Baffled

Postby coaster » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:53 pm

You need the blanket type Peach, I tried the loose fill stuff on the GTS but it was useless and I had to re-do it with the blanket. I also did the JL3 on the Avanti, packed on the loose side of tight which worked well. The method I used was to wrap the blanket round a piece of tube that was just big enough to slip over the perforated pipe. It was then easy to slide the 'tube' of felt still on its temporary former, over the perforated pipe whilst ticking it into the can. Some recommend using masking tape round the outside of the blanket to hold it in place during assembly. The reasoning is that it will burn off and allow the wadding to expand. I didn't do that as the masking tape was still in place on the original knackered wadding that I took out :?

Colin
coaster

Postby Digger » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:08 am

+1 on the loose side of tight - if you ram it in there (advice often given) it just doesn't do the job.
Digger

Postby soullad » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:29 pm

Peachy, could you order enough for me too mate, my scoots at Jarvs at the mo, and my Taffy end can needs doing. I can then try out Cols "slidey pipe" method when I pick it up :roll:
soullad

Postby Angry Bloke » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks gents - much appreciated .

Ian - I've ordered a 350mm x 1000mm sheet so that should be enough for both of us :D
Angry Bloke

Postby coaster » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:03 pm

I'll be over Jarv's on the 7th Feb I could bring the bit of pipe I used with me although I think it was only an off cut of kitchen waste pipe.
coaster

Postby Angry Bloke » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:27 pm

coaster wrote:I'll be over Jarv's on the 7th Feb I could bring the bit of pipe I used with me although I think it was only an off cut of kitchen waste pipe.

Bring it over Colin and I'll see you there - :D

( No one can accuse us of not knowing how to PARTY !!!!! :lol: )
Angry Bloke

Postby TS1-200 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:16 pm

You will need to take the perforated tube out anyway, to clear out the holes in it they normally block up with carbon, that what tends to help make the pipe noisy
TS1-200

Postby Angry Bloke » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:29 pm

TS1-200 wrote:You will need to take the perforated tube out anyway, to clear out the holes in it they normally block up with carbon, that what tends to help make the pipe noisy

Good point - thanks
Angry Bloke

Postby Brash » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:51 am

Make sure the stinger pipe inside hasn't come adrift like on mine. Take the pipe off and give it a good shake. Mine was only tacked on in 2 places ;)
Brash

Return to Tuning & Kits